Chapter 45

Episode 12, The Western Air Temple

Aang decided to take all of us to the Western Air Temple. I was kind of excited to see an Air Temple but the reason why we were going there was nothing to be happy about.

Slighlty, shaking my head, I heaved a sigh. We had been walking for forever now and it was slowly but surely getting exhausting since it was also hot.

I also got to know this Haru guy. He was pretty nice and somehow handsome. He was taller than me, which isn't that hard to achieve, had beautiful brown hair and eyes and even a mustache.

Towards the end of our walk, I zoned out since I had no more social energy left and I needed every bit of energy I could get for walking.

Toph suddenly gasped and I immediately looked up from the ground. Turning my head left and right, I knitted my eyebrows since there was nothing but a huge cliff.

"We're here!" she breathed out and I stared at her like she was crazy.

"I think you're feet sight is worsening," I told her and let out a breath.

"No, we're really here," Aang's face brightened.

"It's amazing," Toph breathed out and I shook my head. These people need to get a check up on their eyes.

"You're all hallucinating. We just need some food, water and some rest, and you'll be back in your right mind," I told them with a smile. Well, I certainly want some rest now.

Yeah, no rest. We all got on Appa who flew down the cliff. I wanted to protest and tell them there was nothing when I saw the complete opposite.

I gawked at all the temples that were hanging from the cliff upside down. There were some platforms with stairs and even bridges that connected the different buildings.

With a dropped jaw, I eyed the sight in front of me. It was simply amazing. However, something from the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Luckily I was always sitting at the edge of the saddle. So, looking at my left, I squnited my eyes and knitted my eyebrows only to see a figure on one of these platforms. It was at the very end of this line of buildings and was quickly running up the stairs, probably out of there.

What in the Avatar's name did I just witness?

Shaking my head I averted my gaze from there. It is me who should get the eyes checked, not the others.

We finally landed on one of these platforms which had a huge and beautiful fountain in the middle.

A yawn escaped my lips when I finally got off Appa and stretched my arms in the air.

"Hey, we're gonna take a look around, you want to come?" Haru asked me with a smile.

"You guys take a look, we have something to talk about," Katara said and grabbed Aang's arm and put a hand on my shoulder.

"But you can show her around later," Katara added and glanced at me while I shrugged. Haru nodded and walked away with the other kids.

"Why can't we go?" Aang asked with big eyes. He was too cute so I patted his head.

"We need to decide what we're gonna do now. And since you're the Avatar maybe you should be a part of this," Katara told him and I let out a sigh.

"Fair enough," Aang huffed out and sat on the ground while crossing his arms and looking away.

"Come on Katara, give the boy a break," I said and sat beside kiddo and patted his shoulder.

She shook her head and shot me a glare while crossing her arms over her chest.