Chapter 30: Saddle Up

Start from the beginning

Looking back at Lucas, he was just putting the brush away while Oliver put the thick pad on the horse and made sure it's aligned properly.

Lucas straightened, hands on his waist, eyes directed at me. And he's still waiting for an answer? 

Like these Santorinis were born to annoy everyone around them. I held back the irritation that's growing within me. Showing him I'm annoyed will only make him feel please of himself. I won't give him that satisfaction.

"We just entertained GP for a bit," I answered, shrugging my shoulders feigning nonchalance.

Clara Bell coughed causing me to look at her. She was looking at Lucas before she drifted her sharp eyes at me, eyes silently killing me. I bit the amusement that's threatening to escape. 

Can't get her mad at me. I mouthed "I love you" and she just rolled her eyes not pleased with my affection. But I do?!

Lucas let out a hearty laugh, taking my eyes away from Clara. "Was it successful?" Lips closed but protruded a little bit, eyes squinting or kind of winking, silently taunting but in a very subtle way. Never try to deceive a person that plays the same game.

"I am absolutely entertained!" Behind us, amused GP answered and I heard Clara Bell softly gasped. "What a show!" he added to my chagrin.

I turned my head to look over my shoulder, eyes sharpening. GP was unbuttoning the first two buttons of his white shirt tucked underneath his brown riding trousers. I glared at him as he got closer. And he's joining us horse riding!

"Stop it, guys! If you don't realize, I'm here!" Clara snapped with a no nonsense tone. "And we know, you enjoyed it very much, GP!" she glared at him causing everyone to freeze and just stared at her like they just saw the devil side of her.

Even Oliver was staring at her, with an open mouth, briefly.

"What?" she snapped as she crossed her hand over her chest, shifting her sharp eyes between the three of us. "You  haven't seen a woman who lost her temper before?" she widened her eyes at us.

GP shook his head as he lifted his hands up in silent surrender. I bit my bottom lip, two fingers swipe over my tightly closed lips, a signal I'm zipping my mouth shut. Her face a little flustered, not sure if out of anger or embarrassment.

"Yes, GP and Alex. Shame on you two!" Lucas commented. "Especially you, A—"

"Lucas!" Clara snapped, sharpening her eyes directed at him. I bit the laughter that's threatening to burst. Lucas closed his lips as quickly as he opened it up and nodded his head, agreeing to not saying anything. His eyes though couldn't hide the amusement. He turned to Oliver and handed the heavy brown leather saddle after he put a good solid comfortable thick pad and fixed it making sure the horse is comfortable. He also put a decorative mat on top of it before he threw the saddle gently on top of the pad.

"Are you gonna join us?" Clara Bell asked GP. 

Looking at him with is riding outfit, most likely. He gave Clara a wink causing me to shoot him a deadly glare, then he shifted it back to me with a malicious smile. He was thoroughly amused, and he's successful in irking me if that's is what he was born for. My hand involuntarily shoot out and curled around her slim waist, unconsciously pulling her closer, possessively.

I caught GP's brow raised. "We needed someone that is hundred percent focused, you know?" he quipped then he darted his eyes at me, "right, Alex?" he taunted, his lips curled into what it an annoying grin.

I frowned and before I could retort, he turned on his heel and walked over to his own horse.

Just then I noticed one of their Stallions, Galen was already saddled. (Galen means calm.) He was the calmest among of all their Stallions.