She sat down at her desk to finish her homework

She sat down at her desk to finish her homework. The math was harder than she remembered and she wished Jungkook was there to help. She did her best, even though she knew she got at least two problems completely wrong. She also finished the Elements worksheet. She had to Google only a few of the answers.

She heard her father come home and ran down to greet him. "Appa! You're home!" 

Her father chuckled and hugged her. "How was your first day of school Sweetheart?"

"It was good, I made some new friends." Madison had been the 'new girl' many times. Their family had moved for her father's work every few years. She was hoping that she would not have to move again before graduating from high school. Then her parents could live wherever they wanted while she attended college. 

"She met a boy." Her mother said with raised eyebrows, smiling.

Madison's father feigned shock. "No! Madison, tell me you didn't meet a boy!" Madison had boys as friends before so she knew her father was teasing her.

Madison took her father's hands in hers and pretended to 'have a talk' with him. "Appa, there comes a time in a girl's life when she has to talk to boys. I'm sixteen now, almost seventeen. It was bound to happen, you will be alright."

Her father laughed. "Keep up on your studies, and don't get too distracted by the boys." Madison's father was a hard worker. He had always tried to instill in her the virtue of making a strong effort, practicing, and working hard. Her American mother didn't think these traits were nearly as important as her Korean father did. But Madison took her father's lessons to heart and did work hard.

---

The next morning, Jungkook annoyed himself when he realized he was on time to first period. Maddy was already in her seat and the bell didn't ring until after he sat down.

"Good morning, Jungkook!" Her bright smile was almost blinding.

He closed his eyes a little and frowned. "Can we not? I didn't get coffee this morning."

Madison gave a smaller smile, nodded, and said quieter, "Okay, got it."

Ms. Seong started the lesson right away and Madison took notes on Polynomial Long Division even though she had no idea what was going on. Jungkook put his head down on his desk and closed his eyes. Madison stole a few glances at him during the lecture. He really was a beautiful boy. He had a very defined jaw line. She liked the way his eyelashes laid on his cheeks and she noticed he had a little mole under his lip. 

Her eyes also strayed to his silver hoop earrings, he had two of them in just the ear she could see. Madison had never had her ears pierced. She had always thought poking a hole in your body to wear jewelry was a little barbaric. But looking at his earrings along with his tattooed hand laying on the desk she thought maybe she could be inspired to decorate her body also.