Chapter 16 - food

Killer sat on the window sill, staring out and trying to avoid Horror's glare. Error was sat by Blue, they had a small talk about Dream. Ink was staring at them, Nightmare was reading and Dust was still out.

The silence around, minus Error and Blue, was the most tense that Killer had ever felt. He wanted to change that, "Night?" Nightmare looks up, an unbothered look upon his face.

"What is it Killer?" Nightmare asked, putting the small recipe back in the book.

Killer smirks and walks over, ignoring Horror's glare, "I was thinking~" he stood infront of Nightmare, his feet between Nightmare's.

"That's not a good sign." Nightmare murmured, leaning back. Killer leans forward, looking Nightmare in the face. He leant one hand on Nightmare's armrest.

He sighs heavily, "well, we're gonna be here a while. Why not me." He points at himself, "and you~" he pokes Nightmare's chest, "go find some stuff, maybe some more room?"

Nightmare wafts his hand at Killer's, forcing it away from him, "go on then."

Killer smirks at him, standing up before glancing around. Horror was staring at him still. Killer ignores it, walking outside. Nightmare follows quickly behind.

Nightmare shoves past Killer, walking down the hall. Killer follows behind, "do you think Horror'll forgive me?"

Nightmare thought for a moment, "to be honest, No." Killer sighs, "but... you could do something to help." Nightmare suggested, Killer glances at him.

"Thank goodness!" Killer exhales, standing by Nightmare. He glances at his negative boss, he seemed to be a lot calmer and kinder. A small smile spreads on his face, he liked Nightmare like this. He always liked Nightmare but him like this was just better.

Nightmare stares at Killer's feet, the unequal steps were rather entrancing. It was weird for him, he knew Killer better than anyone but him being this emotive around killer was strange.

"What could I do?" Nightmare looks around, pushing open a door and ignores Killer's words. Killer sighs, following Nightmare.

Nightmare thinks for a moment, looking around, "you could... help them?" Nightmare glances to the occupants of the room, nodding to them and walking through the room.

"How do I help them?" Killer asks, crossing his arms as he follows Nightmare.

Nightmare grumbles, "I don't know." He walks through the hallway he had gotten to, "that's not my strong suit."

Killer mutters to himself, "but you know almost everything!" He spreads his arms childishly, "how do you not know this?"

"I don't know a lot of things." Nightmare says, stopping and turning to Killer, "I just choose to do things I know." Killer nods, liking his way of working. To be honest it was really smart!

Killer glances at Nightmare, "is that what happened between you and Dream?"

Nightmare stays quiet.

"I mean, you seem to be avoiding him... not forgiving him." Killer pushes the subject, "ignoring him. Saying you hate him."

Nightmare grew mad, Killer always tries walking on that fine line, "shut up."

He sped up, killer smirking at how far he was able to go. Nightmare grumbles to himself, walking over to a largely labelled sign on the wall. It was written in easily read italic.

'Floor 1: reception
                Office
               Disable Rooms 1-10
               Emergency rooms 1-4
Floor 2: rooms 11-20
               Share rooms 1-3
               Cafeteria
Floor 3: rooms 21-34'