Chapter 10 - Crawler's attack.

Warning! This has a bit of gore, just be careful if you don't enjoy gore. (I was told this was gorey so just a warning!) I enjoy writing gore so there's gonna be a lot of description! Sorry.

No one's perspective

The dead creature limped forwards, the left foot awkwardly laying upon the floor and the other bent out in a painful position. The right foot was hanging limply to its side and the stump of their leg being the one to touch the floor, the bone reaching out to support them to not fall. Their arms were hanging by their torso, one had a piece of grey material hanging from their grip and the other having a bad gash that gripped every four seconds.

"Stay away!" Dream yelps, stepping away to find something to pick up to push them away. He doesn't find anything within his strength and decides to use his hands to protect himself.

They edge closer, allowing another - that dripped blood quicker - to step into view and numbly fall forward. They didn't find a reason to stand up so carefully pulls an arm out infront of them to pull themselves forwards.

"G-go away! I could give you a... something to help!" Dream whimpers, stepping backwards towards cross.

Cross still wasn't moving but was conscious and able to whisper and emote properly. He looks at dream, his head tilting the slightest amount, and slowly looks around with blurry eyes.

"G-get away! You're not h-hurting him again!" Dream yells, bravery or stupidity showing was unclear but he was determined to protect cross.

They edge closer, the crawling one finding more strength to pull forwards. The walking one stops for a moment then steps forward with their right leg, causing it to crackle painfully loud and bleed from a wound that it just created. They don't react to the wound and without any care, steps forward.

Dream looks at the trail of blood and gags, "u-uh, Um-ummm." He tries to ignore it but leans upon the bed cross was lay on as his own feet try collapsing under him. His back was next to cross' legs and his hands holding him up by the edge of the hospital bed.

"C-cross! W-what," dream pauses, his panic flowing round his body and he takes massive heavy breaths into his lungs, "what do I do?!" Cross decides it's time to try to move so starts by shifting the arm closest to dream onto Dream's hand.

"Run." Cross whispers, trying to add volume to his voice so dream could hear but he could tell that dream was unable to hear him.

They step into Dream's personal space and leans upon him to catch the side of his cheek with, at the very least, one of their shark-like teeth. Dream panics and clamps his eyes shut, not allowing even the slightest amount of light or colour to enter them. He decides - from adrenaline that had finally appeared - to wrap one of his, now willing to move, legs round the leg that's working on the mindless monster and push them away.

They trip on their useless hanging body part at the end of their figure; they fall upon the crawling creature and that causes their arms to quickly crack and a noise of rushing liquid starts as they get closer to the ground. 

Dream finally opens his eyes as nothing was attacking him for that moment and looks at them. He gags even more as he saw two unattached arms shaking violently, trying to stop the unbearable pain that had no actual way of feeling.

"I- I thi..." dream takes a massive gulp and turns round to face cross, leaning forwards to hold himself up and to stop him from throwing up, "I-uhhh... ummm." Dream couldn't find any words for the relief or panic he was feeling.

Cross gains enough feeling in his arms to pull them both to dream, pulling himself into half-sitting half-laying position. He was also able to smile, just a small one but enough to reassure dream that everything was okay... for that moment everything was okay.