THE TRUTH IN WORDS

MARA

"in the night she hears him calling, in the night she's dancing to relieve the pain"
..
12:51 am

I was conscious but had my eyes closed as I heard mason keep Netflix running in the background and shuffle through the sheets and open then shut the door behind him as he leaves our room along with his phone, i merely had tears in my eyes, did I fuck up?, but it wasn't my fault that James kissed me, it wasn't.

I sat up running a hand through my hair and getting up from the bed and walking towards the door.

I wrapped my hands around the doorknob and pressed my ears against the door and heard nothing so I opened it and walked through the hallway to the marble staircase and descended.

I could hear Mason's voice faintly coming from the indoor swimming pool, I started walking through the glass hallway to my left and look to my left through the glass at the outdoor pool and stared off sighing, then looked to my right at the black oak wood double door to the indoor pool slightly open.

"ahaa yes you're absolutely right, and I'm so glad we made this plan after what happened to me, I have to say I'm quite shocked we are doing this and I bet you are too" mason said as I heard through the crack, I quickly wrapped my hands around my mouth and listened.

"well my love, she'll be surprised for sure but not if she knows, she'll know in her own time" I wanted to sob at this point but I wasn't that emotional that easily.

"mhm yes we shall, so I'll see you tomorrow?, nandos 2pm?,... Okay great yea-" just as I heard his footsteps starting to near i sprinted upstairs nearly tripping over one of the steps as mason closed the pool door and i was so grateful I didn't cause i would've lost my baby for this stupidity.

I quickly slipped past our bedroom door closing it silently and as I was about to climd onto the bed mason came in and turned the light on holding my bracelet in his hand showing it to me, stupid loose jewellery.

"Explain" he said just that and I was on the verge to go at him for telling me that. "Explain? Explain?" I said in a low voice and scoffed as he frowned "you're a father now Mason, you're a Father now, and it was bad enough James kissed me although It wasn't my fault but what you're doing is completely intentional! And you have to get your shit straight and don't expect me to be your damsel in distress football wife who's always there no matter what this is your last chance mason" I said as I stood in front of him as he looked down at my eyes.

"what in the bloody hell is this mara? I just need to know one thing and don't lie to me okay?" he said in a very low octave enough to send chills down my back, "did you listen to my phone call?" and with angered eyes I responded yes and his eyes softened, "for fucks sake mara if you're thinking I'm cheating on you with Kennedy because James kissed you you're wrong, Kennedy and I are planning a surprise party for your birthday next week cause she wants to apologise on behalf of James and wants to be a good acquaintance, nothing else, love nothing else trust me"

I was surprised just a little embarrassed but surprised.

"are you for real? Cause then why were you distant to me these past few days?" I said still frowning but my eyes softened.

"because I've been busy at training and it's not like I'm cold to you it's just that I wanted to act shady for a few days so you are caught off guard with your birthday suprise, darling" he said making my butterflies churn around in my stomach.

"so you forgive me? And aren't vindictive about it?" I asked, "yes love, I forgave you the moment you told me  it wasn't your fault, I just needed a little time to comprehend it" he said pulling my head into his chest and i melted into his touch and we stayed like that for moments.

"so.... Pretend your birthday party is a surprise?" he asked, I let out a laugh and nodded as he picked me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist as he put me on the bed hovering over me laying kisses down my neck muttering sweet things to me.

PHEW
Don't worry you guys
I'm not gonna shatter
All of your
Hearts!.... At least
For now..
Anyways I know i gave some of you guys a heart attack but not to worry nice and peaceful chapters
Are coming up
Cause its Christmas season!
And well we
All deserve a source of enjoyment after the very
Hectic mid terms.