Not so jobless

Her father always insisted on it; do what you love and the rest will come easily.

What a fucking lie.

It's common knowledge that being an artist is the worst carrier path a person could choose, nobody ever lives off art, nobody. But her father has always been supportive of it, he wanted her to be happy no matter what.

Now a year since she graduated college, Ilaria is still jobless no matter how hard she tries.

Her father couldn't take anymore of her twenty two year old daughter soaking in sadness back home so he decided to send her to live with her grandmother in Monaco so she could at least work on something and get her mind cleared.

Worst idea ever.

Instead she is meet with countless of pranks, rude comments and an insufferable guy that is for sure part of the Italian mafia.

And It all started when her grandmother needed one more egg for the cake she was baking. Asking Ilaria if she could ask one of the neighbors for it.

She knocked on the door right in front of her grandmother's apartment, a few good minutes could have gone by in which Ilaria was slowy regretting doing this instead of quickly running to the store.

The door suddenly flew open to reveal a tall guy with an annoyed face staring down at her.

"Who are you"

"I'm Ilaria, I live n-"

"What do you want"

His rudeness struck her, it's not like she was knocking early in the morning or late at night, it is three in the afternoon.

"I was wondering if you could lend me an egg so my g-"

"No"

The door shut close right on her face, her hazel eyes widening in frustration at someone as rude as him.

"Asshole!" She yells back kicking the door as hard as she could.

If only Ilaria knew back then how much she would suffer because of him, she wouldn't have even spare a glance at his door.