15 || blowing smoke

I find myself waking up to an empty bed, again. Great. It's a Sunday afternoon when I wake up. It's already afternoon??

I get up to see a small note. They left a note!

Watching football in Dream's room. We didn't want to wake you, love. We'll be in there when you read this so come here when you're awake.   —  Sapnap&Quackity.

I smile at the note. Maybe...maybe I could do some things while they're gone. I go to the dresser and gosh, the one thing I haven't thought about is there. My cigarettes.

I haven't had any since I got here. Been busy with the lovers and Dream. I haven't even thought about it. Two months clean basically.

Obviously I can't let them go to waste. That's bad if I do. I've never told them about how I smoke. Dream knows because I started smoking before he moved away. Yeah, started when I was really young.

I grab the pack along with one of the many lighters Niki has in her office. She gave it to me, I swear!   Okay....bue.

I meant bye, but it's too late now. We can't turn back. And you can't stop me now...cus I'm having a good time having a good time!!!!

Maybe you should stop breathing so loudly!!  Then I can concentrate!! No you! No you!

Honk off man!

I pull a cigarette out, and light it with my lighter. I bring it to my lips inhaling the nice smoke. God I missed this.

I sit on the bed just inhaling and exhaling the smoke. The room seems to get hazey because of it. I stay like this till my cigarette is just a small bud. Then I light another one.

Once I'm finished with my second one, I put my pack and lighter back and head to Dream's dorm.

I lightly knock, I'm not like Sapnap who just barges in. The door opens to Sapnap. He has a huge smile and wraps his arm around my waist pulling me into the room.

Hopefully they don't smell the smoke.

He pulls me onto one of the beds sitting between him and Quackity. They start cheering. Their team must be winning. I don't watch football. Father was never a sports liking guy.

Quackity tackles me with a hug, hiding his face in my shoulder. He freezes a little.

"Karl? Why do you smell like cigarette smoke?" Quackity sits up, pulling me with him.

"I smoke."  I admit to them. "You guys just never see me because I haven't been smoking. But today felt different."

They all watch me carefully. "Why is today different?" Sapnap asks.

"Dunno." I shrug. "I was alone. And my thoughts lead me to my smokes. It happens."

They seem to look between each other, Dream already knowing. It's like they're speechless, y'know. And I don't want to intrude their thoughts and invade their privacy. That's not something I'd like to do. Not at all.

I lay back down on the bed. Cheers erupt from the screen, but none of them seem to notice. "Look, a team scored a point, or something." I try taking their minds off of me and back to the game currently on the screen.

They go back to watching their game, always looking at me from time to time. I'm still laying back, but now I'm holding their hands. This feels nice. I'm not even worried about classes tomorrow.

Outside it's getting colder, it's definitely almost time for winter and snow. I love the snow. I'm going to make them build a snowman with me. That is something we have to do. No ifs ands ors or buts about it. Snow. Winter is my favorite season and I dearly love it. Especially drinking hot chocolate when we come back inside.

Everything about winter is nice. Winter will always be my favorite season. Even if something happens. It'll always be my favorite.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><_><

679   words

I'm alive!! Hi hello! I'm writing as I publish and my brain thinks slow sorry but take this!   — Starr.