4 || dream?

It's been like five minutes after he hung up the phone. I'm still crying. I hate him. I hate her. I hate them both. They deserve to rot in hell. That's possible, right?

The door opens, but I don't look up. I don't care. The muffled sound of my name can be heard. I look up though. My eyes widen a bit. Is that....????

"Dream?" I ask my throat sore.

He nods. He's 6 foot something, way taller than when I last seen him. His green eyes and blonde hair just the same. His green hoodie with his signature smiley face. Still the same. God, I haven't seen him since..fifth grade. That's when he moved. He'd been my best friend since we were two but then he moved. Still not the best friend I've been..talking about..but anyway.

He comes over to me, kneeling down. I try wiping away the tears that's been falling. Dream frowns when he sees them. "Karl, it's been so long. What happened..I haven't seen you this bad since..the last beating you've experienced when I was still there.."

"Oh, it's nothing." Can it hurt to let an old friend in? Dream raises an eyebrow. I break down crying more. I can let him in. He won't hurt me. "My father just..called me yelling at me. They still beat me. They sent me here because I kept getting in trouble with the school and police. I try not to, I really do, just dares happen and I can't help but do the dares. I can't just back out of something like that.

And now I have this stupid baby brother, who I know is not my father's baby. My mother told me that one herself. And they both just hate me. I thought they loved me, but that was all just fake. They sent me here when my aunt got it finished. I bet that was their plan all along."

"Oh, Karl." Dream pulls me into a hug, sitting on the bed. I hide my face in his chest. I've always been this clingy person. It's like he's never left. It's like we're still in fifth grade and he's still my best friend.

I let my mind slip, and his thoughts come rolling in.

"I hope I can help him. He seems even more broken than before. I hate how my parents just made me leave him. Hopefully we could go back to being best friends again. I know how he works, I know he's not letting anyone in. Hopefully I can be the first to come back in...."

I block everything else out. I hope he remembers how I can read minds...

"Dream, do you..want to go back to how we were?" I ask, my voice muffled due to my head still in his chest.

"Of course I do." Dream says. "Best friends that help each other with anything. That lets each other in."

"I already let you in." I look up at him. "No one knows all that except you."

We spend the rest of the day cuddling. I get really clingy when I'm sad. I mean, I'm usually a really clingy person in general. Usually I just hug frog plushie and bear tightly until I fall asleep, but now Dream just lets me cling to him. Like how we used to be. I'm almost a year younger than Dream. He's already 17 and I turned 16 a few months before he turned 17. I remember that.

The door opens and the two kissey boys walk in. Right, beanie boy shares this dorm with me. "Ay! Dream! You're at this school too!??" Sapnap asks, being loud.

I wince at the loudness, going into the covers a bit. They know each other? Well, I wouldn't know that, I haven't seen Dream since he left with his parents.

"Yup." Dream says with a nod. He looks down at me, with a frown. He pulls me back up and out from hiding in the covers. "I was happy when I found out Karl's here. We were best friends until I moved."

I see both duck boy and karate kid nodding. They must be Dream's best friends now. Oh. "That's cool. Is that why you guys are just cuddling then?" Duck boy...Quackity, asks. Honk! I must remember names.

"Yeah, Karl's a bit scared right now, and he just needs someone to cling to." Dream says with a smile. Cocky honk. "He chose me to cling to."

"I didn't chose you." I say, a little stubbornly. "You're the only one I trust fully. I wouldn't just go out there and cling to some random kid, would I?"

"I guess not." Dream still has that same cocky smile on his face. "But you trust me, out of everyone here. I'm so honored."

"Feel honored, I don't let people in. Only you, really." I shrug a little, pulling the blanket over my head now. I'm tired. I actually haven't eaten all day, and I don't feel like eating.

Dream uncovers my head. I huff a little, but don't try putting the blanket back. The other two watch us with amused faces.

"I see best friends your honour." Quackity says with a grin.

"And I thought I was Dream's favorite." Sapnap says his bottom lip sticking out.

"Not anymore." Dream chuckles.

I close my eyes, listening to the voices of the three of them. They bicker away. I fall asleep clinging to my best friend from fifth grade.

924 words