3 || roommate

I decided to stay in my room today. The mobs are coming. It's very loud outside. I decide to go and peak my head out. I pretty much hate people, but my interest is peaked. I want to see if there's any...interesting boys...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gay. Sheesh.

But when I peak my head out, I'm almost hit. There's so many boys. Honk! I put my head back in, shutting the door. This is why I don't like people. Or honestly, trust people easily. I go back to sitting on my bed. I grab my phone and start scrolling endlessly through twitter. Boring stuff.

The door opens and two guys come in holding hands and kissing. Ew. Why are they kissing here? One guy has on a blue beanie, short, but a little longer black hair. The other guy has on a white bandana with darker brown hair. I obviously can't see their faces good or eyes because they're making out.

I look away, as they make it to the bed. Well, this is going to be a long honking day.

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I don't want to see this either. Get a room, preferably not mine. Imagine one of these are my roommate....honk.

I grimace, but end up clearing my throat, loud enough for them to hear. They both look up, and get off each other. Their faces are both red. At least they're not kissing.

"Sorry about that." The one in the beanie says.

I shrug. I don't want to talk much, but I guess I'll have to now. "It's fine." My voice comes out quiet. Well, might be known as the quiet kid, nephew of the principal. Fun.

"We didn't think anyone would be in here yet, so we couldn't help it." The guy in the bandana explains.

"Like I said before, it's fine." I don't get how they understand the words  'it's fine'.  It's not rocket science.

"Well, I'm Quackity, and this is Sapnap." The beanie kid says pointing to himself and the bandana kid.

"I'm Karl." I say. I look at my sketch pad that's been sitting in my lap the whole time. I don't like looking at people very much. "Are..one of you two my roommate then?" I ask hesitantly, looking back up at them.

"Yeah, I am." The kid in the beanie says with a small smile. Honk. Must start using names. Quackity. Quackity. Quackity.

"Cool." I say. I go back to my sketch pad. Me and my distracted mind. I start drawing whatever comes to mind. Apple. No clue when that came to my head, but it did. And I'm drawing it.

"Aren't you, like, the nephew of the principal?" Sounds like bandana ki- Sapnap.

I look up at them, nodding a bit. "Yeah..why?"

They look at each other. Maybe trying to break me or something. "Just wondering." Sapnap says, looking back at me. "You're already unpacked and seem to be at home already."

I hum a little, going back to my sketch pad. "I came here yesterday. My parents..dropped me off here because my aunt Nikki said I could or something." Why am I telling anyone this? Shut up Karl!

"And why did they?" Quackity asks. Yup, they're trying to break me. Let them in. Well, it won't work.

"That's nothing you need to know." I snap. I look up at them to see they're taken a back. I go back to my sketch pad, drawing more apples.

Sometimes I totally forget that I can read minds, I mainly block them out anyway. I don't need to hear the thoughts of petty people just thinking about themselves. But I don't even like hearing thoughts. I won't listen to theirs either.

I'm not letting anyone in. I'm not making friends. I'm not going to have more people hurt me. All my other so called "friends" already did that. And so did my old best friend. Won't get into him. Nope.

I start drawing my frog hoodie. I love that hoodie. I got it from....

Not important!

I rip the paper out, crumple it up, and chuck it at the garbage can that's next to the door. It doesn't make it. Honk. I forget about it going back to drawing anything else. I end up drawing father and mother in a car and the car falling off the edge of a cliff. I end up ripping that paper out too and doing the same as before. It doesn't make it, ending up next to the other one.

Then I draw myself in a box. No escape from the box. A lock on it, fire underneath it. Getting cooked alive. Tears sting my eyes as I rip this too out. It lands next to the door.

My phone rings.

I don't even look who it is, I just swipe it.

"Karl."

I let out a small whimper. Of course, father.

"Hi." I whisper.

Then he starts yelling. Yelling at me for nothing. Sounds like the baby's crying in the background. That's probably why he's yelling at me. That he decided that I needed yelled at.

Tears are falling when he finally gets done and hangs up the phone. Not even saying goodbye. Honk.

883 words.