09 | dead.

"here are you two going?" Marco asked as Giovanni and I were about to leave through the front door.

"You guys have school. Shouldn't you be gone already? you'll get late," Giovanni replied, avoiding Marco's question.

"Yeah, we're just about to leave and shouldn't she be with us?" Marco raised his eyebrows in suspicion and confusion.

"No, I called her in sick today. She wasn't feeling too well this morning," was all Giovanni said for Marco to understand.

"Aw, okay. Get well soon sorellina," Marco nodded, giving me a quick hug, before running off to the car, where Silas and Matteo were already seated.

"Let's go, sweetheart."

The drive to the Medical Base was silent, but comfortable.

As soon as we arrived, there were already some members who nodded at us, indicating a sign of respect. Giovanni just nodded back, while I found the ground very interesting.

After a couple of turns here and there, we finally arrived at a private ward, similar to the one a few days ago.

"Okay, lay down sweetheart," Giovanni instructed.
I did as he told. I layer down on the cold leather chair, which stuck to me and got warmer the longer I sat.

my nerves were creeping up on me again.

"Okay. Let's get started," he spoke, after a few minutes of typing something on a tablet, sitting down on a swirl chair, then sliding over to me.

He gently pulled up my pants leg and re-examined it, closer than last night.

"I think you're gonna have to go into surgery honey. I'm sorry," he concluded, giving me a empathetic smile.

"O-Ok," I mumbled out, but inside, my ass was on fire.

wouldn't my ass be on fire on the outside considering shit comes out from there-
no it resides from inside, so i guess you feel the burn from inside before you let it out.
right.

Giovanni seemed to read my whole mood. "It won't be that bad sweetie. Trust me, you'll be just fine. I'll be here when you wake," he tried to reassure me.

"I- I have one more q-question," I asked, hesitantly.
He gestured for me to continue.

"Do any of the boys... know about this?"

"No, except Alessandro. He needs to know, because he's your legal guardian. We'll keep the rest of the boys out of this," he replied.

"One more thing hun. Do you have any bruises elsewhere?" he asked, carefully.

I gulped as I avoided his gaze. I wanted to tell him and just get rid off my pain, but it still feels like I'm stuck, like I'm struggling. It's like I feel alive again, but some part of me is still dead.

"No," why?!

I could feel tears well up in my eyes and my breaths becoming shorter.

i'm going to have a panic attack.

"Bella, baby, it's okay. No pressure. Everything's going to be okay. Just breathe for me love," he crouched down in front of me, cupping my face, wiping my tears.

"I c-can't breathe," I struggled, as my chest constricted and the lump in my throat grew bigger, making it harder for me, blocking the airway.