07 | blood flow

woke up to someone gently shaking me. My eyes snapped up to meet Silas' dark eyes, his jet black bangs falling over them.

Out of instinct, I flinched away and as I did, I saw something flash in his eyes before it was replaced by his infamous glare.

"Dinner's ready," was all he said, before storming out of the library.

I closed my eyes for a second before opening them again. I took a deep breath and allowed the air into my lungs. I let it out and then carefully stood up, to put the book back from where it came from.

'i should continue later'.
I made a mental reminder.

I slowly walked downstairs, ignoring the pain in my legs as I walked wobbly.

damn you alexei!

I hope the wound in my leg stays intact with its bandage, else I don't know what I'm gonna do if it opens up...

Everyone was at the dining table eating. I slowly walked over to the empty seat between Marco and Leonardo, where an untouched plate of food was left on the table.

"You okay bambina?" Giovanni asked, concern lacing his voice, as he noticed my obvious behaviour.

As soon as he asked this, everyone's eyes snapped up towards me in concern, immediately dropping whatever they were doing.

"Uhm... y-yeah. I'm good," I flashed him a quick smile, before sitting down.

"Attention-seeker," Matteo scoffed, while the others, except Silas, of course, glared. Matteo rolled his eyes in response.

wha-
again, stop being so expectant. nobody loves you okay? get that through your thick skull.

There was tense silence for a brief moment, before everyone went back to what they were doing.

"Belladonna," Alessandro monotonously voiced.

"Yes," I responded, remembering not to break the verbal response rule. I surprisingly didn't stutter and I should keep it that way.

"I trust you have seen the rules, as well as their consequences," he raised a brow at me.

"Yes si- Alessandro," he noticed my sudden change of words, but continued nevertheless.

second strike.

"You will be starting school next week with Marco and Matteo. If you need anything, inform them and only call me in emergencies and emergencies only. Silas will also be there, but he will be in the college wing," he finished, leaving no room for discussion.

school.
thoughts??

I always loved school, because it is the best place in the entire world and I love the teachers and the kids are soooo awesome!

yeah, no.

I've never been to school — like contact school. I've only taken a couple of online classes, when I had time. I usually worked my ass of for those.

you must be wondering how he didn't catch me?
well... u-uhm... keep wondering, i guess?

When I didn't have time, I was either being... raped, beaten, tortured, knocked out or looking after the younger girls.

He said I didn't deserve school. He said that I was meant to be a slut all my life and that that's the price of being a born woman. I quote, 'Women were born to be sluts and men are raised to be monsters, кекс (cupcake)'.