6.

Sofia

"Fuck you!" I state angrily, half muffled by the pressure he puts me.

When he dared me to shoot him, I didn't get if he really meant it? Or was it only a test because he's tired of my attitude? Whatever it was, I'm not ready for the consequences. Looking at his psychopathic behavior, he would probably torture me for hours if I really fired.

Still, I punched him. Great. Did I really think I would get away with it? Stupid.

My knuckles bruise at the impact. It hurts so bad, but right now there is more urgent matter because I can hardly breathe.

"Right now?" his voice is pure evil. Laughter fills the room as I struggle even more.

"Let...me...go." I try.

"Uh-huh."

"Please..." I try again. He immediately releases me from his death embrace. Oxygen quickly races into my lungs. I've never felt more grateful to breathe before. I attempt to control my breathing while he discards the gun somewhere.

"Don't even think to do that shit again, understood?" he warns menacingly, gripping my chin.

I look up to meet his eyes, only nod quietly. I brush my hair out of my sticky temple. I am so drenched of sweat from the resistance.

"Understood?"

I resist to the urge to roll my eyes.

"Yes."

"Good. Now go back to sleep."

✖️

I wake up at six thirty with a toned arm drape around my midriff. After our exchanged arguments last night, we sleep in our respectful side. But when I wake up this morning, I realize he's taking most of my side. I huff. Believe it or not I'm not really enjoying cuddle. It's too...intimate. I don't like this type of intimacy.

I carefully remove his arm, afraid I'll wake him up. Thankfully, he's still sleeping. I slide out of the bed and take a shower. Then, I get ready in his walk-in closet, styling my hair and doing my make up minimally. I slip into a blue dress blazer and white stilettos. Yeah, my luggage literally contains anything. Girl's packing for a trip like she's going to move to another country. I stare at my reflection on the giant mirror, clearly satisfied.

Ezio is already sitting against the headboard as the sound of my clicking heels fill the room.

"You're going somewhere?" he crosses his arms over his chest, staring at me with such intensity.

"It's Monday. I have to go to work." I reply simply, keeping us in a safe distance.

"And you're allowed to?" his eyebrow raises. I have already thought about running in these four-inch heels. Can I make it?

"Definitely."

"Say who?" he dares, moving the cover aside and getting to sit on the edge of the bed. Those eyes are piercing through me, making me feel uneasy.

"Look, I'm an adult that has a responsibility—" he cuts me off with an irritating scoff and I almost take steps forward to hit him with my Gucci bag. Almost. "Whatever. I'm going anyway."

He looks at me for a moment. His jaw ticks. The man's pissed off. As I am a second away to grab the door handle, he finally states. "Fine. I'll take you."