28.

Sofia

I'm locked back into my room after our little trip to meet Ezio and Marco. Not gonna lie, I got my hopes up the moment I saw them on the boat. But when logic paved its way, I knew Xavier was not going to free me that day.

I am too valuable for a simple exchange. He's making them his slaves first before he'll completely release me. And quite possibly, not unhurt.

My chance here is so slim, I think I'm going crazy by any second. Now I'm just holding onto Ezio's promise that he's coming back for me. His stupid ass I very much prefer to being caged here against my will.

Truthfully, the man almost looked worse than me. The distress on his face was too noticeable to mask with indifference. There was a twitch on his hand every now and then as if he was a second away to grab his gun and kill every body on deck. His jaw ticked and his stare murderous. I was observing it all, much to my surprise.

Maybe Ezio kinda grows on me. Maybe I just missed his idiotic, reckless acts.

I do my usual routine as a house prisoner, taking showers and eating my meals. Sometimes I just sprawl on the couch and stare up at the ceiling, letting my mind wander to a dangerous territory. Occasionally, I sob in self-pity, rarely I laugh until my stomach hurt.

God, I need alcohol.

I need to dull the feelings that begin to resurface.

Some knocks on the door pull me out of my dark thoughts. One of his men enters the room and my spine straightens in anticipation. It's late at night and I'm already in my short pajama set.

"Xavier wants you to join him downstairs." The man announces flatly.

His words make me lift my eyebrow. It has been two days since our little trip and I've never been so glad that's the last interaction we had. What changes now?

"Why?"

The man scoffs like this is not a part of the job. "Ask him yourself."

It'll be the first I am let out of this boring chamber. My chest hums in discomfort, but I feel like it's useless to defy his order. Besides, knowing the map of his mansion certainly will help someday. So, I follow him downstairs to the first floor, walking through some corridors that eventually leads me to a series of rooms.

Sensual music is playing on the speakers. So many half-naked men and women lounge on a set of couches. Some are grinding against each other. The others are spinning on the pole expertly.

Bongs, liquors and white powders are all over the table.

He has to be kidding me. He's holding a drug party in the house?

We're not stopping here, instead the man keeps going until he opens another door. Then, another.

We stroll into the room where Xavier Cortez stretches out lazily on the leather couch, flanked by three gorgeous topless blondes. One of them is snorting cocaine with a dollar bill.

I'm quite appalled by the sight.

I'm just standing in the middle of the room until Xavier notices my existence and a grin breaks out on his face.

"Sofia, take a seat." He slurs a little, gesturing to the couches on his left and right. The man that led me here has already gone wordlessly.

"I think I'd rather sleep upstairs." I glare at him, folding my arms over my chest. I'm very aware I'm the only one dressed modestly in the entire room.

He pouts like a child. "Come on, mami. Don't be such a killjoy." I still stand on my ground, unmoved. He huffs in annoyance at my stubbornness. "Fine. Everybody out, now!"