5.

Ezio

I get out of the bathroom with towel hanging low on my hips. Drops of water fall from my hair, making trails to my torso. My eyes land on Sofia who's watching me with wide eyes, cradling my gun for dear life. The sight gives me thrills. As crazy as it sounds I kind of like the idea of her trying to shoot me.

I smirk. "What?"

She shakes her head, but those eyes keep looking.

I walk across the room to my walk-in closet, putting on my navy suit. I have a business meeting tonight and another visit to the safe house.

"You're going somewhere?" she glances at my outfit, quirking her brows.

"Miss me already?" I wink. She rolls her eyes in annoyance.

"Tell Marco I say hi." She mocks sarcastically. There's challenge in her tone that makes me narrow my eyes. I really hate this kind of attitude. I knew from the start that she's such a spoiled brat, but she always forgets her fucking place.

"Of course." My jaw hardens. I'm trying hard to tame my anger. Not now. I have more important shits to deal with.

I get out of my bedroom and slam the door shut. Franco nods at me outside. He'll be guarding there all night just in case. After the stunt she pulled, I want her to be locked inside. Someone needs to tell her who's in control.

My mind wanders back to yesterday's event. How this girl could do something like that was beyond me. Talking about the nerve. I took her on a date for God's sake. Then she made out with that piece of shit a week later. Goddamnit. She really has a death wish. It's been so long since I feel betrayed. And the urge to kill has never been level this high.

"To the club." I nod to Luigi as soon as I'm on the backseat of SUV.

It takes forty five minutes drive. My mansion is far from the main street, so it actually requires time to get anywhere. The club, though, is located in the heart of the city. This is where we usually conduct business with the other party. A little bit of neutral ground.

We pass through the VIP entrance, skipping to the VIP members only floor. It's heavily guarded and consist of some private lounges. Some people nod at me in greetings which I don't bother to return.

The office is situated far on the back. My men open the double doors immediately as they see me approaching. I find Marco is already settled on the leather couch, flipping through pages of files in his hands.

"They're not here yet?" I ask, pouring myself a glass of scotch. The burns is all I need to stay sane throughout the night.

"Russos are not coming." He grunts, throwing the files on the coffee table. "They can't dodge shits. We got proof they crossed the line and overtook our shipment to Greece."

That's very likely of them. Russos are always being pain in the ass. You know, a backstabber friend that's always hovering in the background? Yeah, they are exactly that. We have cornered them a couple of times calling out their bullshits. But Russos are the most shameless out there.

"Well, I don't fucking care. Drag Stefano Russo to my feet." I spit out. Stefano is the acting Don in Russo Family. Now that his father is dying with cancer, Stefano technically runs the family. But not yet officially.

"Already on it." Marco grins.

Fuck, he's good. I admit that.

Not long after, the doors swing open, revealing three key people of Russo Family. Stefano and his cousins. My men stand behind them with guns ready.