09

THE FINAL SET.

The air was beyond tense, after their water break they all returned to the court, either trembling from excitement, or nervousness.

Shinzu collected the team for a group hug and cheer, noticing how anxious they were. She gritted her teeth slightly before smilling.

"Don't be so tense, we got this, alright?"

"Yes captain!"

"Mikao, focus and try not to injure yourself again." The strawberry blonde girl injured her index finger due to a powerful spike she tried to block.

"Yes captain."

"Asami, control your strength. Make sure the ball doesn't go out of bounds and loosen up a bit." Shinzu faced the first year with a smile on her face, to which the shorter girl responded by nodding gleefully.

"Aye aye captain!"

"Asami." Shinzu wagged her index finger playfully with a warning tone.

"I mean- yes captain!"

The team let out a laugh, which definitely loosened up the tension in the air. Shinzu did a full 180⁰ to face the second year ravenette.

"Akemi."

"You did great, keep it up." A soft smile graced the third years face which melted the brown eyed girl's heart.

"Y-yes sen- captain-!" She quickly corrected herself which caused most, if not all of the team members to stifle a laugh.

'Oh god Akemi! Get your head in the game, this is not the time to admire your senpai! Your beautiful blonde haired green eyed senpai..' she scolded herself but ended up complimenting the upperclassman.

Whistle.

"Earth to Kemi? You can go drool over Shinzu-san later." Mikao nudged the ravenette with her elbow which made her even more flustered.

"I w-wasn't-!"

"Akemi! Get into position." Coach yelled, her commanding voice booming throughout the court.

"Yes coach!"

───

The ball was served by number 07 from Niiyama, it was a wonky float serve that took little to no effort to recieve. Shinzu sets the ball to Asami who spikes it with an outstanding amount of force.

Akemi got ready as she saw the ball getting recieved and sent to 03, who sets it to the orange haired girl with amazing jumping skills.

She spikes it and aims it towards the corner fortunately, Akemi managed to save it in time, which made a small gasp escape your mouth.

Asami spiked once again and the players were too late to recieve the ball. Causing Ichiya High's girls VB team to jump in the air and cheer.

1 - 0

"You're really absorbed in the game huh?"

F/n commented, one hand sipping on the juice box she bought earlier. You smiled and looked at her, a glint of excitement in your eyes.

"What can i say, from the looks of it, it would be super fun, not to mention exhilarating."

F/n grinned at you, while your focus was back on the game, she smiled to herself. She was glad she had found something to distract you from your recent breakup.

5 - 3

"Why don't you ask Akemi to teach you sometime after the game? I'm sure she'll be more than happy to teach you."