Chapter Eighteen

After watching Lysandre walking away from them Calem instantly handed the plane ticket to Ashley. "Lysandre is the same old person I met a few years ago." Diantha gently responded as she slowly got up from her seat. "Oh, well I should be heading to the restaurant to get that famous chocolate cake." She exclaimed, sounding extremely enthusiastic and gradually heading there with Ashley and Calem catching up to her.

They began strolling passed through each window store with Eevee and Kirlia following them. Ashley watches Calem and Diantha having a conversation about a few things that caught something in Ashley's eyes.

She took a little step closer to the window reflection and slowly glanced at a mannequin. She was completely amazed to see a stunning black dress with silver lines, fabric and chained button surrounding dark purple textured fabric. On top of that it also has a small black ribbon swenning to the centre of the chest with a tiny blue flower and pearls chain around it. 

And finally for the ruffled dark purple to white gradient skirt has a lovely gold star print around it. Ashley gradually moved her hand against the window as she was still staring at the dress. "It's really beautiful." She instantly stumbled a little when she heard Diantha's sweet voice.  

Ashley softly nodded her head before facing herself against the window and looking back at the dress. "Yes, it is." She quietly whispered to her as she was slowly biting her lower lip. Ashley wishes that she could buy this outfit but unfortunately she doesn't have enough money for it. "So, Ashley, have you thought about entering a Pokémon Showcase and becoming a Pokémon Performer?" Diantha cheerfully suggested to her giving her a warming smile.

Causing Ashley confusing raising up her eyebrow when Diantha mentioned it to her. "What is a Pokémon Showcase and Pokémon Performer?" She cautiously raised a question to her with Eevee and Kirlia were right beside Ashley. "You don't know what it is?" Calem exclaimed, sounding extremely confusing to her as he placed his hand against her shoulder. 

"No, not really." Ashley answered curiously and nodded her head a little. Calem slightly chuckled. "Pokémon Performers who show off their talents with their Pokémon and perform in front of several audiences." He calmly clarified to her with a bright smile on his face causing Ashley to slowly listen to him. "And a Pokémon Showcase is a competition held across all over the Kalos region." Ashley listens carefully to every word of what Calem has been saying a lot of interesting stuff about this competition.

Diantha gently shook her head, agreeing with him and she could tell that Ashley was listening to them. "Like what Calem had mentioned, this competition is where Performers go to train their Pokémon showing off their talent." She jovially responds to her with a bright smile across her face. "The Pokémon Showcase is made up of two competitions." Calem calmly answered with his arm crossed over his chest. "First one is called Theme Performance." Ashley and the rest of her Pokémon were slowly listening to him.  

"Baking Poké Puffs, grooming your Pokémon, performing with props and things like that." Calem easily described to her, causing Ashley to grow a little more enthusiastic than ever along with Eevee and Kirlia who were both feeling ecstatic. "Also sometimes there would be special theme programs depending on a specific competition." He cheerfully went on with Ashley who began gradually walking towards the restaurant.  

"And the second is called a general freestyle performance." Ashley's curiosity  raised up her eyebrow when she heard about a freestyle performance which kinda reminded her of Pokémon Contest back home and other regions as well. "You gotta use your Pokémon's abilities to their greatest." Calem cheerily proceeded to explain to her even more as they were slowly getting closer to the restaurant.  

Ashley looks over to her shoulder to see Ash and the others were further to the table and of course as always Clemont has a new invention in his hands. "And of course the Pokémon occurs on the stage along with its Trainer." She instantly glanced back at him, still biting her lower lip tightly.  "If you're decent enough to win three or more competitions, then you get to appear in what's called the Master Class." Calem calmly exclaimed to her noticing Ashley jaw dropped in stunned, causing him to slightly chuckle.