Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon (2/3)✅

Start from the beginning

-Do you like this music?

-I like every piece of music. This is one of Steve's favorites. He has this wicked collection. Each time I see a vinyl he doesn't have I buy it. You can't deny it has a charm to it. I feel like a damsel now.- She giggles.

-It reminds me of my dad.- I scoff- He's so old school.

-He grew up in different times, that's the reason. Your kids will tell you the same one day.

-Me? Kids?

-Why not? One day we'll all grow old and who knows what will happen?- She spins to the rhythm.

-Do you like kids?

-I have a half-time job at primary school, helping out with guitar lessons. Kids like me, but their parents don't necessarily sho their enthusiasm.

-Why?

-Dyed hair, piercing, and smoking are equivalent to bad influences. Out of all people, you should know about it.

-Say no more.- I smirk.

I love you for sentimental reasons

I hope you do believe me

I'll give you my heart

-Shall we dance?- I stick out my hand, and she smiles brightly.

I love you, and you alone were meant for me

Please give your loving heart to me

And say we'll never part

We move slowly to the rhythm, and I think I've never seen Alexandra smiling so widely. I carefully lead us through the room.

I think of you every morning

Dream of you every night

Darling, I'm never lonely

Whenever you are insight

She starts to giggle. Her eyes shine in the lit light of the lighter I've put on the table. She looks at me and, I smile genuinely. Out of nowhere, she hugs me tightly and, I take her into my arms without a second thought. I direct my eyes to the bedside clock and furrow my brows.

-We have to leave.- I whisper.

She nods, quickly grabs the phone, turns off the player, and, grabs her bag. At that very moment, the front doorknob rattles. I grab her forearm and help her jump through the window, following soon after. We run into the woods unnoticed.

Alexandra's P.O.V.

-You're a fast runner.- Duncan says once we're at the safe distance.

-Dancing classes.- I explain.

-I had those too.

-Really?

-My father thought it would make a gentleman out of me. Such a waste of money.- He chuckles.

-Can you please not eavesdrop?- I turn to Duncanshowing the phone.

-Where's my thank you?- He demands.

I kiss his cheek.- Sweet enough?- I tilt my head.

He nods, blushing slightly. - Great, can I get some privacy now?

He nods once again and leaves. I quickly unlock the phone with the password I got from Chef, and dial Porter's number. After a few signals, I can hear his sleepy voice.