Basic Straining (3/3)✅

Previously on Total Drama Island

Writing essays was too much for some contestants.

Alexandra made things clear for Duncan, and surprisingly he didn't make a fuss about it.

All of the campers are sitting in Bass's cabin and eating.

-I think I have jungle rot from that obstacle course. What should I do, Alexandra?- Owen asks me.

-Ew, Owen. We're eating here.- Lindsay cringes.

-First of all, you should wash your feet with soap and hot water, then we can see what I can do. But you know, I don't have medicines for every illness, and I'm not a doctor.

-You're as good as one.- Trent comments.

-Yeah, you're so clever. I can't even remember the simplest things.- Lindsay says.

-Aw, guys! Gross!- Harold discovers something on his bunk.

-Now see? That's a waste of good peanut butter!- Duncan nudges Geoff.

-I think you can wash it. We can borrow a hairdryer from Lindsay to dry it.- I suggest Harold.

-Will you do that for me?

-Sure, you can remove it with simple soap. You can find one in the cabinet hidden behind the sink in the restroom.- I whisper the last part.

-Thanks, Alexandra.- He hugs me.

-I'll bring you the hairdryer in a moment.- I say as he takes the sheet and leaves.

-You're too good sometimes.- Geoff tells me.

-How's Courtney?- I ask him.

-Well, not too good. If glare could kill, you would be dead.- He scratches his neck.

-Trust me, I can tell when someone is staring.

-How's Duncan?- He changes the topic.

-I'm not convinced about anything, but I hope we settled things down.

-Sounds like a good start.

I turn to the laughter I hear in the background. Courtney rushes out of the cabin, and I give Bridgette a questioning look.

-She overstuffed herself and now is regretting it.- She answers.

I sigh, and grab a water bottle and some tissues. When I exit the cabin, I see Courtney bent over the railing. She's puking. I take her hair off her face and wait till she's finished. Once she looks up, I hand her tissues, and she wipes her face but then sends me a nasty glare.

-What do you want?

-I'm just helping you out. I feel obligated to help when I can.- I shrug.

-Get out of here! You're not my favorite person today.

-I'm not your favorite person on any day. Besides, it's my cabin.- I keep calm.

-If you think that way, you'll earn my sympathy, then you're mistaken.- She crosses her arms.

-Do you seriously think that people always act just to gain something?

-You know nothing, living in this crazy world of yours. Don't you feel alone in this imaginary utopia in your head?- She snarls.

-Don't you feel powerless living in other people's world? Trying to fit their expectations and rules.

She doesn't answer for a while, so I speak up again.