Chapter 16

Aoi and I ended up finishing the final selection together.

We both walked towards the path back to the beginning of the final selection with wisteria.

"Greetings everyone. We are happy to know you have survived."

The two small girls greeted us and told us the ranks of the demon slayers. They also explained to us which rank we were and gave us the ore of our swords.

I then proceeded to walk home. Aoi said she was parting ways with me, I guess we lived in separate directions.

I returned home and was welcomed by Senjuro.

"Hey Y/n!" Senjuro said putting down the broom and waking up to me.

"I'm glad your back. How was the exam?" He asked.

"It was a bit challenging.. but I made it!" I exclaimed.

"Good! I missed you dearly.." He said. My heart was touched.

"Come on let's go in and I'll make us something to eat.." Senjuro said picking up the broom and went inside.

——————————————

After I received my sword I was instantly assigned missions left and right. I felt myself get stronger by the day.

It was exciting! I finally was a demon slayer with my beautiful f/c blade. I was finally making amends to my old life.

Today I was assigned a mission in the forest close by a village. So I packed my things and got on to it.

It was early in the morning and it was around noon when I arrived. I first looked around the forest. It was dark and creepy. The thick trees blocking the sunlight from entering made it more dark.

"Geez..I'm getting goosebumps.." I whispered under my breath and I exited the forest.

I then walked into the village close by. I noticed the villages people were super active, there were hardly any children and there were mostly adults.

A lot of people looked depressed and sad.

"What happened here.." I said to myself.

I walked up to a lady who ran a dango stand.

"Excuse me miss?.." I asked.

She looked up at me.

"Do you think you can tell about the people of this village?.." I asked. The lady looked back down and sighed.

"Many people have been going missing left and right from different families.. Which as you can see mostly everyone is upset by it. We don't know how it's happening we just want it to end.." She replied.

"I see..ALRIGHT!" I then thanked the lady and began my journey to look around the village.

"Hmm..." I got to thinking. I started to close my eyes and concentrate where the demon could be..

I felt a faint presence coming from the south of the village.

That's where the forest is.

I started running out of the village and into the forest.

By the time this happened the sun was down, and the moon was showing its glow in the dark.

"Where could it be.." I looked around and concentrated again.

...

...

ABOVE!

I Looked up quickly to see the demon about to jump down and claw me.

I pushed myself back and unsheathed my sword.

B/F FOURTH FORM: ______

With a swift movement I cut the arms off the demon. The demon pushed itself back and started to regenerate its arms.

"Why you little brat..!" The demon charged at me. The attack was a frontal attack so it was easy for me to slice its head off.

B/f... SECOND FORM: ______

I moved my sword upwards and cut the head off the demon.

"AGHH!!!-" The demon then dissolved into nothing.

"Geez..how annoying.." I said.

"Sort of wish I had a more exciting mission.."

And as if my wish was granted . It really was.

"Hello Y/n Chan..! Long time no see?.."

I didn't sense a presence at all so I was surprised to hear a familiar voice behind me.

'Oh no..'

Yal thought it was over😏

I didn't dare turn to look behind me. I was too shakened up. When I meant excitment I didn't mean this!

"I wonder where you have gone... I can see now.." I felt him walk closer to me. I trembled with a bit of fear.

'No..i thought this was over.. No..! Why me.. Just when I thought I cleaned my sins!..' I was too occupied by my own thoughts I didn't notice him wrap his arms around my waist.

When I snapped out my thoughts. I noticed how close he was.

"I missed you dearly.."

I couldn't tell what he was feeling. Was he angry?.. Upset?.. Sad?.. I never could tell what Douma would feel most of the time.

I thought he was always genuinely happy!?

I admit though. I bet my cheeks were tainted pink.

I tried to bare the thought of how I even got into this mess.

"Your one of them now.. I see.." he said. He sounded kind of cocky which made me bite the inside of my mouth.

"Why did you run away my dear..you know you were happy with me.."

It was true though. I was happy with him.

"No.. I.. I mustn't..!" I freed from his grasp and backed away.

"Your a demon! You kill people to survive! Innocent people!.. You even use them in terrible ways!.. That's just.. UNFORGIVABLE!.." I let my own emotions run out of my mouth.

"I knew it was wrong to be with a killer like you.. So that's why I ran away..i changed.. And for the better.."

I felt my eyes get blurry with my tears threatening to fall.

"Well in that case.. I'll take you with force..if that's how you see me.." He held up his golden fan covering half of his face with it.

"Wha?.. AUH!-.." He vanished from my sight and I was hit on the back of my neck. I passed out just like that fallen down.

The darkness covering my vision.

"Don't worry my dear.."

End of chapter 16😟😟😟😟😟😩😩😩😩😩