Chapter Six

I was waiting in the day room for my medicine. As nurse Dolly gives me the pills I pretend I take them (because of course I've never actually took the pills) and then I go sit on the couch. After a while I see nurse Dolly coming my way. "Hi, y/n. I'm here to announce you that nurse Bucket wants you to go in Dr. Hanover's office after breakfast." she says. "Oh okay.. Thank you." I say feeling a little afraid of what's going to happen.

After breakfast a nurse came and took me to what I believe is Dr. Hanover's office. "Ah, miss y/l/n! You're here." says Nurse Bucket. "Indeed I am.." I answer with an annoyed look on my face. "Take a seat!" says the older nurse. As I sit down she continues. "Today I'm going to see if the hidrotherapy actually worked." I just look at her confused and scared. "H-how are you going to do that?" she smirks at me and turns the laptop so I can see the imagine on it. In the picture I could see a half naked woman.

"So.. miss y/l/n, tell me the first thing you notice about this woman." nurse Bucket says.

"Um.. S-she's um- her face is pretty.." I answer trying to be believeable.

"How do you feel about the woman's body? Does it excite you?"

"W-what?! NO. OF COURSE NOT. Why would ask something that stupid?" I almost yelled as I stood up and looked at her with a furious look.

"Oh miss y/l/n, it's just a simple question. Now please sit down." She answers.

"NO! I won't stay here and listen to you talking shit and making me uncomfortable." I say.

"Oh yes you will. You need to be cured of this disease! Now...
Sit. Down" nurse Bucket snapped.

I exhaled heavily and sat back in my chair. The nurse slid a picture of a man in front of me. He was what probably other girls would call 'hot' but I don't really find him that attractive. "What about this man? How does he makes you feel?"

"He's fine I guess.." I lie just so I can leave faster.

After what felt like years I finally got out of that office. I ran to my room and took a shower trying to relax. As I enter my room I see Mildred sitting on my bed. "Y/n!" she says and comes to me giving me a hug and pressing her soft lips on mine. "Listen to me. They're going to put you into the hidrotherapy again.." Mildred says. As I hear the words I start to panick and tremble. Tears were falling from my eyes at the tought of being in that tub again. I started breathing heavily. "Shhh come here" the beautiful woman says and hugs me. "It's okay, baby. I promise you'll be safe. You don't have to go trough that again. I have a plan." I looked back into her eyes still panting. "Me and the Huck cut the wires of the tub." I look at her, feeling more relieved and nodd.

"Miss y/l/n, come with me!" I hear nurse Bucket saying. I looked up  at Mildred who was next to nurse Bucket and I stood up. Nurse Bucket stepped aside, holding her clipboard in one hand, saying "This way." I walked away from the couch and followed the 2 nurses. In the corridor I can see Huck waiting with a wheelchair. I give him a little smile and he returns it.

I sat in the wheelchair and Huck led me to the hydrotherapy room. I immediately tensed up as i saw the two tubs.

"As you know, miss y/l/n, we're doing this only to help you." says the old nurse. "Huck, prepare the tub." she continues.

"Something's wrong with it. It's not kicking on." says Huck. The old nurse touched the water and sighs.

"Move!" she says annoyed. After she twisted the handle a few times, she turns around and groans as she sees the cut wire on the floor. "WICH ONE OF YOU DID THIS?!" she yelled. "Was it you?" she questioned waving the wire at Huck. "Or was it you, Miss Ratched? In yet another attempt to undermine my authority."

"It wasn't me." Mildred answers.

"It's been a cold week. Rats are looking to keep warm. They could chew trough a wire like that with no problem." Huck says.

"You know what, Huck? I think you're right. I think it was a rat. Oh, how I wish we could rid this hospital of vermin." answers Nurse Bucket while looking at Mildred.

"If I were you, I would choose my next words very carefully." Mildred answered. I was trying so hard not to smile.

"Well, I wonder what Dr. Hanover will think when he hears that his instructions have been directly questioned by an orderly." says nurse Bucket

"I think it's clear there will be no treatment today. I will take miss y/l/n back to her room before nurse Bucket says something she might regret." Mildred says and takes me to my room.

"Millie, thank you. Thank you so much. You saved me" I say with tears in my eyes. She comes closer to me, wipes my tears and places a soft kiss on my lips. I felt how butterflies were flying in my stomach.

"I will always be there for you, darling." she says and places another kiss on my lips.

We stared in each others' eyes. She suddently got up from the bed and took her shoes off. I look at her confused and ask "What are you doing?" shs doesn't answers but instead she sits back on the bed with her back on the headboard of the bed.

"Come here." she says. I do as she says and put my face in the crook of her neck. "Close your eyes, baby."

"I don't want to sleep because then you'll have to go" I say a little sad. She looks into my eyes and says. "It's okay.. We can do this every night but now you have to get some sleep" and then she kisses my forehead and I close my eyes.  "Good night, y/n" she whispers. "Good night, Millie." I say.

________________________________________________________

Hiii! I'm really sorry for not updating lately. It's because I have so much work to do for school and my exams are so close. I'm literally so scared😭 anywaysss.. I hope you enjoyed this chapter ❤️ ly