Sunaina's POV

I looked at the happy family that comprised of Mansi, Abhay and Gayathri Devi. How they were laughing with each other. It felt peaceful. Seeing them, a part of me missed my family as well. What if someday the time in my world starts again? Will my parents be fine? Will they accept my disappearance that easily? A part of me felt guilty that I am not trying to get out of this fictitious world. I knew I won't be able to return to my world so soon. I really wanted to discover so much here. I wanted to stay close to Arjun for as long as I can. I want him to return as the smiling outgoing guy he has always been. Or was he always like this? I don't know what to think anymore. I broke out of my trance when I was called in by Mansi.

"Heyyyy! What are you doing standing there? Come here!" She is such a beautiful soul. If I had a sister, I would have loved to have her as my sister. She always made sure that I never felt left out. It was because of her that I was able to enjoy myself here more. Last day I made halwa (a desert) for them. It was appreciated by everyone in the table and Mansi hugged me tightly after tasting my food. I might have noticed a faint smile on Arjun's face but it was for a very short duration. I went towards Mansi and gave her a big hug.

"Thank you for accepting me as family." I told her honestly.

"What's the deal with all those emo words huh?" She snapped jokingly. "Who knows? Maybe you will stay in here permanently." Saying this, she winked at me as if hinting something else. Clueless, I blinked back at her.

"Cut it out Mani!" Abhay barged in between our conversation. "Give the younger ones time." Abhay giggled at his own words.

"Says the person who didn't give me any chance to date and directly married me off after proposal." She snapped back.

"Umm...excuse me? What are you talking about?" Both of them looked at me with a surprised expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked further confused looking at them.

"Naina...we like you a lot and we want you to be Bhai's dulhan (bride)." Abhay burst my bubble. My eyes will come out of my socket at any moment.

"Uh? What? No no! It's nothing like that." I denied hoping that the heat that has crept up on my cheeks is not visible to them.

"Comeon Naina! I know Aru too well. I can smell that he likes you." She chimed in happily.

What?! Never. That's not possible. Arjun hates me...right? I looked at both of them in confusion.

"Now now...don't pressurise her." It was now Gayathri Devi's turn to barge in. "My dear, don't worry about them. If I have to be honest with you, I really like you and would love you to be Arjun's bride." Her words increased the rate of my heartbeat.

"But." She continued. "It's totally upto you, if you want to marry him or not. I know my son. He won't say no to me for anything." She cupped my face within her hands and kissed my forehead. The warmth made me feel like home. I gave her hug and we stood there like this for almost a minute. Should I keep lying to her?

"But Aunty ji...you have just known me for a few days. I don't think you should really think so fast." I was nervous and it was evident when I spoke those words. I really didn't want her to hate me when the truth is revealed or when I suddenly disappear from their lives. She smiled at me as if sensing my fears.

"No matter what happens you are always my daughter." Her assurance made me smile yet heavy with guilt. Our attention now turned to the doorbell that rang just a few seconds ago.

"That must be bhai. He has become such a workaholic." Abhay said looking at the door. I looked following his gaze and saw Arjun entering the room. These few days he seemed a lot more stressed than before but it's none of my business to poke into his business. I didn't interfere but I felt worried. My heart said this is a premonition of something lethal. For now I could just wait for my interview results. I can only pray to God that he is safe till I join in or I get in.