The red fox never expected that Wu Dahu would make a trick to it, and then it intended to escape. But it just screamed at the moment it saw Wu Dahu was ready to punch it on its stomach, while getting all its fur erupted and curling up in a pile.

With ease, Wu Dahu gripped the red fox’s tail in hand, while pinching his head at the same time. He intended to stun the fox with his fist, but just as he raised high his fist, he sank into a hesitation when he caught a glimpse of the watery and pitiful eyes.

If animism is real, then the red fox which Wu Dahu grabbed in hand should be an embodiment of it. Entreaty and helplessness were both reflected in its big and watery eyes. At the moment it noticed that Wu Dahu was taking a pause, it stretched out, exposing its soft belly to Wu Dahu, while moaning slightly as if it was begging for a mercy.

Wu Dahu then reached out to caress the red fox’s belly. But to his surprise, he could clearly feel a tough lump inside the fox’s belly, and then murmured surprisingly, “You’re pregnant??”

It seemed that the red fox could understand the words of Wu Dahu, and then it curled up again with its front legs crossed, bending its body as if it was kowtowing.

Wu Dahu called to mind Song Qinghan who was now waiting for him with anxiety, and then he shrugged and sighed slightly, loosening his hand and saying slowly, “Just go, I won’t kill you. But do not show up anymore in front of any human being.”

The red fox jumped on the ground but it didn’t seem to intend to leave urgently, it just bit slightly on corner of the trousers of Wu Dahu, seemingly dragging him to the direction of the place where the carriage stayed.

With puzzlement, Wu Dahu followed up towards the carriage.

As they reached the place, the red fox loosened its teeth and then jumped onto the carriage nimbly.

Luckily, this wasn’t the carriage on which Laifu slept, so Wu Dahu just let it in.

Not long, the red fox crept through the curtain and went out again, holding a big piece of dry meat in its mouth and looking at Wu Dahu with its watery eyes pitifully.

Wu Dahu finally figured out why this red fox would take risks to show up in front of him, this pathetic fox was begging for food!

Since he had decided to let go of this fox, of course he would never blame it for “Robbing” his food, so he waved his hands to it, saying, “It’s yours now, go back your nest.”

The red fox seemed to understand Wu Dahu again, it jumped down on the ground with excitement and headed to the woods while turning his head occasionally as if he wanted to remember Wu Dahu’s appearance in mind.

Wu Dahu stared at the back of the red fox, and gradually, it disappeared in the darkness. Though he was a bit disappointed but never regretful.

He would think that he was just doing good deeds and accumulating merits and virtues for Song Qinghan who was going to deliver a baby.

As everything was just settled, the drowsiness was swept away and the day was almost breaking.

Laifu woke up and finished breakfast with Wu Dahu. After that, they kept hurrying on with their journey.

The two were longing for home. It was not until they could clearly see the contour of their village did they slow down.

Wu Dahu pulled up the carriage before Laifu’s house, and then rushed back to his own one.

As he reached his house, he saw a man who wore a curtain on head knocking heavily on the door, while the man was shouting, “Doctor Song! Is Doctor Song here? Open the door!”

Wu Dahu got his face sullen all of a sudden, and then he recalled the day when Xiang Tiange set Song Qinghan up before.

It was almost night now, and it was quite unreasonable to see that a man dressed up in such a disguise of queerness and intended to knock out a femina male’s door!

Wu Dahu approached to the man, grabbed the man’s hands and twisted them on his back, fixing the man against the wall with his own single hand.

The man screamed, and then tried to raise his feet backward to kick Wu Dahu, but only to be hit on the back of leg. With such a hit, the man kneed down all of a sudden.

“Forgive me, master. Doctor Luo, Doctor Luo, save me! Save me please! Someone attack me in front of your gate. Help!” shouted the man.

It seemed that Song Qinghan was just leaning against the all behind the door, he snorted, saying without mercy, “How can I know whether you’re telling a lie or not? What if you hoax me into opening the door and do something evil? Anyway, I’m sorry to say that I am not able to help you since I’m pregnant. Bless yourself.”

Hearing the voice of Song Qinghan, Wu Dahu failed to suppress the excitement in his mind, he then shouted in a low voice, “Han, it’s me, I am back.”

With an utter amazement, Song Qinghan took a long while to regain his attention and then he placed his hand on the latch, but then sank into hesitation when he was about to open the door, saying, “Really? Are you Dahu? Not a lie?”