Rielle and Brent looked at each other, having a silent conversation of their own. Their faces gave them away. What's with these two? They fought one minute, then acted like they were on the same team the next. It's weird.

"Are you sure you want to go back now? We can skip the whole prom if you want to. The others will surely understand. Besides, you spent all your time decorating the area. The council members wouldn't complain if you're not there to help them usher," Rielle said.

Tonight was the night that everyone was waiting for. The entire student body spent too much effort trying to look classy and sophisticated. Everyone wore dresses and suits, flaunting their curves and expensive jewelries. It was just another scene where people were obviously making a huge effort to reach a certain level of popularity.

Popularity was a curse. Look at what happened to me.

We were at Dawson activity area earlier. Because of the student council's hard work, we had transformed the area into a sparkly dance floor with a Hollywood theme. As expected, Chase ignored me the whole time. It killed me inside.

Serene, on the other hand, was having the time of her life. Guys surrounded her, trying to make a move. Well, she liked that. She loved it when she's the center of attention.

When Dylan tried to kiss me in front of everybody, I snapped. I pretended to go to the comfort room so I could run away from him. I searched for Rielle and asked her if she could come with me, back to Brent's apartment. Brent heard our conversation and volunteered to drive us home.

It was a selfish request and now I was trying to make it right. I wanted to give back their night.

"It's been days since your last talk with Chase and all you did in school was stare blankly at a distance. We are really worried," Rielle continued. I looked at my dress which was pretty and elegant. Such a shame that the person I wanted to impress didn't belong to me anymore.

Such a shame that I belonged to someone else.

"I'm fine. Really. Don't sweat it. I'm a big girl. I'm sure I can handle boyfriend dramas," I said and they seemed reluctant to believe me. I couldn't blame them. Even I couldn't trust my own words either. But if I wanted to move on I had to keep moving forward. One step at a time.

I grabbed my purse from the couch. A soft sound from the inside caught my attention. Someone's calling me. My brows furrowed. It was from an unknown number.

1 (619) 5**-****

"Hello?"

Silence.

"Hello?" I asked again. "Can I help you?"

More silence.

"Uh, are you gonna speak or what?" I grew impatient. "Look, if you have nothing to say then I'm hanging up. Stop wasting my time."

All I heard in response was the sound of his breathing. Wait, was this person some kind of a pervert?

"Hey! If you're just a guy looking for a random girl to play with, then you seriously need to get a life. Stop bothering me. I'm not that kind of girl. I have a boyfriend." I informed him. In my wildest fantasies, Chase and I were still together.

A girl could dream.

I opened my mouth to continue but the line already went dead.

"Who was that?" Rielle asked as she climbed inside the car.

"No one. Just a perv calling random numbers," I replied.

"Eww," she replied.

We were just a few blocks away from the school when my phone rang again. It was the same number who called me earlier. Annoyed, I answered. "What? Are you gonna speak now? What's your problem dude? I told you to stop bothering me!"

BOYFRIEND EXCHANGEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें