"Camila... Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah. But can you... Can you keep it down?" She mumbles.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

"Where... Where are we?" She asks.

"Looks like some type of interrogation room," I said.

Camila slowly sits up and now I realize that she's not restrained herself.

"Camila... Come over here," I said.

She gets off the hospital bed and when she gains her balance, she walks over to me.

"Hey," I whisper.

"Hi," She says.

"Do you have a bobby pin by any chance?" I ask.

"No," Camila shakes her head.

"Hey, look at me. Remember what I told you when we were getting to know each other more?" I said.

Camila furrows her eyebrows in concentration until she smiles. "You always keep a knife inside your boot," She says.

"Good. Take it out. Hurry," I said.

Camila bends down and reaches into my boot, pulling out a pocket knife as she flips the blade up.

"Have you ever picked a lock?" I ask.

"No," Camila shakes her head.

"Just jiggle the pointy end of the knife in the lock until you hear a click," I said.

Camila nods and starts doing that as we stay deathly silent, waiting to hear a click.

"I saw this coming," I speak softly.

"What?" Camila asks.

"We knew that this would have happened," I said.

Camila sighs as she stops her actions and runs her hands down to rest them on my abdomen as she places her forehead against my chest. "I know," She says.

"I told you I wouldn't have let this happen but I... I failed you," I said.

"No, you didn't fail me. You took a damn bullet for me and you gave protected me the entire time. You did everything but fail me," Camila says.

Before we can say anything else, the door swings open and soldiers file in, lining up against the walls.

Seconds later a well-dressed man steps in with security detail behind him.

I stare at him, knowing that he is the Honorable One, the President of the United States himself.

Camila discretely hides the pocket knife in my pocket as she turns to face the man.

"Ex-military Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado and you must be Miss Camila Cabello," The President speaks, glancing at us both.

"Mr. President, sir-"

"Save it, Miss Jauregui! My soldier told you that it was a direct order from me to bring Miss Cabello here and you went against it. That is called treachery especially given that you were still part of the military during the outbreak but decided not to stay with your fellow brothers and sisters," The President says.

"Mr. President-"

"You know what we do to traitors!" The President raises his voice. He turns to the high-ranked soldier and motions to Camila. "Sedate her, take her into the medical room," The President orders.

The high-ranked soldier walks over to Camila, pulling out a needle.

The brunette fights against him but the soldier is stronger and he holds her down, sedating her.

"Camila!" I scream.

The high-ranked soldier motions to two soldiers who move and pick an unconscious Camila in their arms, carrying her out of the room.

"Camila!" I cry.

"And what about Miss Jauregui, sir?" The high-ranked soldier asks.

"We will deal with her after we are done with Miss Cabello," The President says.

"No, wait. Listen to me. What are you going to do to her? Please, she's my wife," I beg.

The President looks at me and walks slowly over to me.

"Sir," One of the private security detail guys says.

He reaches out to him but the President holds a hand up, making the private security detail guy back away.

"Do you know what she is?" The President asks me.

"She's my fucking wife. Of course, I know," I hiss.

"Then you know that her immunity can help the country," The President says.

"You're creating a cure?" I ask.

"We will be having our doctors examine her first," The President says. He turns to the high-ranked soldier. "Stay guarded outside, I will send another high-ranked soldier to join you," The President says.

"Yes, sir," The high-ranked soldier says.

The President glances back at me before leaving the room, followed by his security detail and the rest of the soldiers.

The high-ranked soldier looks at me before walking over to the door and closing it.

I sigh as I hang my head feeling completely helpless but then a fire of determination sparks in me.

"I'm gonna get out of here and I swear to God I will kill every single one of you!" I raise my voice.