Prologue

This story is unedited so expect some errors. 

Tsaka, gusto ko din isingit na salamat at napunta kayo dito sa story na 'to and I'm super happy that you find this story worth your time. I will do my very best.

Enjoy!

____________

This is for everyone who never fails to make other people smile.

Remember that you are not alone.

___________

Prologue

It was a rainy day and I did not have an umbrella with me.

I secured my bag and sat at the bench, waiting for the rain to finally stop. Despite the sudden thunder and loud noises from all the rain drops, it still sounds calm. Masyado akong napagod sa araw na ito, and hearing noises like this is therapeutic for me.

"YES!!!" I frowned, and stared at this weird girl waving her test paper and her other hand as if she was waving to her imaginary audience. She has totally lost it. Baliw na siya.

"Grabe! Ang lake! Pinaghirapan ko 'to, Lord salamat talaga." I gave her a side-eye. I felt uneasy with her sudden appearance. Sana umalis na lang siya kung dadagdag lang siya sa noise pollution.

"Aww hehe sorry, na isturbo ba kita?" I did not respond.

"Sorry, na excite lang." I ignored her.

"Wala ka bang payong?"

"Obviously," matigas kong sagot. Hopefully she got a hint that I don't want to talk to her. She's just so annoying, hindi ba uso ang personal space para sa kanya?

She gestured. Zipping her mouth before smiling at me. I tried not to roll my eyes but failed miserably.

Halatang Grade 7 palang siya, she's immature. At that age, I already understood what privacy meant, halatang hindi niya alam 'yon.

"Sorry kung na abala kita." Inilapag niya sa tabi ko ang isang foldable na payong bago tumakbo papalabas ng gate.

I was about to stop her from running away but she ran so fast and I wasn't in the mood to shout or even utter a single word to call her and I don't even know her name.

Kinuha ko ang payong at doon nakita ang isang name tag na may nakalagay na pangalan at section.

"Malea Khristine De Silva. Grade 7 Sampaguita."

I used the umbrella and walked as fast as I could hoping for me to see her. I could even imagine her to be just in there, standing waiting for a tricycle to stop infront of her but she was gone. No shadow of her, or her silly waving. She suddenly disappeared like she wasn't real.

"Hoy Kuyang masungit, paki-sauli nalang ng payong! MAY NAME AT SECTION 'YAN!" Her voice was louder as the tricyle went further.

"KUYA NGUMITI KA PO! POGI KA PA NAMAN!" Malakas niyang sigaw. I rolled my eyes.

Before she disappeared she even bumped herself sa tricycle. She's silly and stupid at the same time...definitely a weird combination.

A car stopped in front of me. Immediatly, I knew who it was. Agad kung binuksan ang pinto papuntang back seat at agad na naupo rito.

"You were late manong," I stated with no emotions.

"Pasensya na ho, hinatid ko pa po 'yong anak ko." Right, I forgot that manong is a responsible father despite his clashing schedule.

"It's ok po," I assured in a monotonous voice.

"Kumusta araw mo, sir? Siguro marami kang na perfect ngayon araw." I wasn't in the mood to chat about how my day went but it would be rude for me not to answer him. He's not a stranger, he's our family's new driver.

One thing that my mother asked me to do before leaving was to always be respectful to everyone that worked for us.

"It was great, and yeah, I aced my test."

"Congrats! Nakaka-proud!" I shook my head. It's a normal thing for me.

Daddy is used to it that it isn't even a big deal for him anymore. I just have to maintain it though, he gets all grumpy and displeased if I do something terrible and if I don't finish every grade as top one.

"Proud ako sa'yo!"

"Sabihin mo sa kanila na driver mo ko ha, sir Samuel," he laughed.

My heart felt a little warm when he told me that he was proud of me. Kailan ko pa nga huling narinig 'yan kay Daddy? Everything that I do seems normal that he only acknowledges all my mistakes and not my achievements.

"I will," I respond trying to hide a smile.

Napatingin ako sa itim na payong. Maybe it's a lucky charm. Mukhang hindi ko na kailangang isauli sa kanya 'to.

C'mon I'm pretty sure she's not in dire need for an umbrella. She literally ran without it. She's basically waterproof.

She's basically weird and idiotic but in a good way. I guess?