"OW!" Phoebe cries, pummeling his back with her small fists while he muffles his laugh in the side of her leg. James throws open the door to their bedroom, closing it with his foot and cheering, "Finally! Some privacy!"

He laughs when he sets down the Veela and her fingers start poking his chest rather painfully. He hurriedly snatches up her hands, interrupting her when her mouth opens,

"Lily is outside playing with Harry," James says pointedly. "In fact, Evans was the one that told me to 'relieve my wife's stress so that she stops reading.'"

"She's the one that told me to read!" Phoebe cries exasperatedly. James grins and nods, retorting, "Yes, love. It's just that it's turned into another knitting scenario."

Her face remains unimpressed as he explains, "You know, you get obsessed with one thing until it pisses you off somehow and then you rage for a day and a half. I doubt Remus has begun to recover from your little rant about knitting hats."

Her cheeks turn pink again and James feels giddy at the sight. Teasing her was his favorite pastime now. It reminded him of days before war and sadness and responsibility. He leans in to kiss her cheek. Then the other. Then her nose, her forehead, her eyes. He peppers kisses across her face until she's laughing and trying to tear her hands away from his grip so that she can swat at him again.

James squeezes her hands tighter, mumbling cheekily, "I bet I can relax you far better than a bloody book."

"I doubt it," Phoebe snorts, earning a dramatic gasp from her husband. James' eyes are gleaming though, and she quickly realizes her mistake. It's too late. He's already snatching her up around the waist and tossing her back onto their bed.

Phoebe shrieks when he jumps on top of her, laughter escaping her at his unruly hair and crooked glasses. James smirks and grabs his wand from his pocket, mumbling a hurried silencing spell on the room. He'd forgotten it too many times at Grimmauld place, but he had a feeling if he did that here that Phoebe would never have sex with him again so long as Lily was living here.

"James," She sighs and he rolls his eyes at her, biting back a smirk when her eyes grow rounder at the sight of his fingers pulling at the buttons of his shirt. He pauses, asking cheekily, "Did you want me to stop?"

Phoebe looks torn and James waits patiently, perhaps overly confident. Phoebe had nearly pulled out her hair when he started calling himself a "Dilf."

But he knew she agreed.

He watches her face twist as she debates with herself until another weary sigh escapes her, followed by her asking, "Could you make it quick?"

James nearly chokes on a laugh, arguing, "Quick? Jeez, Griffin. You really know how to turn a man on!"

Phoebe quirks a brow, drawling, "Do I need to even grace that sentence with a response, Potter? I happen to know an easy way to turn most people on."

His eyes widen and he grabs her hands, pinning them above her head as he says hurriedly, "No using your charm you bloody harpy!"

"Why not, you stupid stag?!" She retorts loudly, her dimples appearing as she tries not to laugh. James just grins, all too aware that this is probably the weirdest conversation he's ever had before a shag. He bends his head and presses a warm kiss to her throat, mumbling, "Because. This is about you relaxing, not wearing yourself out."

"Relaxing?" She asks teasingly, though he can read the softness around her grey gaze. Love. Merlin, he still couldn't believe that this being loved him, married him. Was the mother to his child. And despite the stress, despite the danger, he'd do it all again. He'd do everything twice, would scale the tallest mountain, cross the stormy seas, if only to have Phoebe Potter look at him like she is now.

"What?" She asks, voice small as if she's grown nervous. She was. James could tell that now too. Harry's birth had left them more connected, and she'd let him in more. He knew what she felt now better than ever before. So, he identified the insecurities floating through her head perhaps before she could even voice them.

He shrugs slightly at her question, squeezing her wrists before whispering, "I think I must have done something right in my past life, because fucking hell, Phoebe. You're like the fucking sun."

Her eyes grow round and James continues, egged on by the way her lips are twitching into a small smile,

"I can't look directly at you," He teases, stroking his hands down her arms, "You blind me. Not because you're the most beautiful thing I've seen. You. You're heart, your mind. It throws me for a loop. And I think sometimes you forget that."

Phoebe smiles, trying to fight his hold to lean up and peck his lips. He leans back, smirking as she scowls. She hesitates, staring up at him before whispering,

"It's easy to forget that."

James opens his mouth to chide her, to say more. He could fill books, libraries even, with all the things he had to say about her. Maybe that would be his new project. She beats him to it though, cutting him off by saying knowingly, "But if I blind you....then you make me see. I think you're my glasses, James."

It's pathetic, the way his heart swells at her sappy compliment. She's grinning at him too, like she knows he's getting all soft and mushy over her proclamation.

James stares at her for a moment, frozen and soaking in her sunny smile. Phoebe bursts into laughter when he suddenly flies into action, ripping off his shirt and flinging his belt across the room as if he's still a horny teenage boy. He couldn't resist making her laugh. Just as much as he couldn't resist teasing her.

He grabs her knees and shoves her legs apart, her laughter turning into sputtering as James hooks his fingers under her pants. His grin is devious, boyish.

"Hate to break it to you, Phoebe," He says in a faux sympathetic tone. She gasps when he yanks her pants down and continues, "Nothing I plan on doing to you is going to be quick."

Her lips twitch, his eyes narrow.

Stress relief sounded quite good to him as well.

{{mature chapter next?? Keep studying and breathing my friends! I love you all!}}