Sidecar

{{thanks for being patient!!! Things are getting g crazyyyyyy! Enjoy :) }}

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Sirius gags dramatically, breaking the spell over the silent room.

Chaos suddenly erupts around a very bewildered Phoebe, James scrambling to get closer to her. Remus and Gideon appear at her side, James quickly grabbing her hands and saying nervously, "A-alright, Bee. We've gotta get you to St. Mungos!"

Phoebe's eyes shine with fear and she quickly shakes her head, voice squeaky as she replies, "Um...what?!"

Fabian interjects pointedly, shaking his head at James, "You have no way to get there! You can't floo or apparate, Not while she's in active labor!!"

James is panicked, his eyes wide as he replies defensively, nearly shouting from the tension in the room, "I'll fucking drive if I have to!"

"You can't drive!" Remus cries exasperatedly.

Gideon looks at where Sirius is standing frozen still, a nauseated look on the boy's face. The glare he receives from the red head snaps him into action and he quickly leans down to have a rushed conversation with Molly and Fabian. She nods her head up and down quickly, and then Sirius turns to the bickering group and clears his throat.

When no one turns, Sirius sighs and shouts, "I have a solution!!!"

James pauses his argument with Remus to look at Sirius with narrowed eyes. His friend has eyes for only the now pale Veela, a rather pleased expression on his face as he asks, "Pheebs, care for a ride on the safest contraption around?"

Phoebe's brows furrow at the question and she wonders slowly, "Is that an innuendo or—"

"Merlin," Sirius sighs, swiping a hand down his face. He shakes his head at her before explaining, "You're gonna ride in the sidecar of my motorcycle. Problem solved."

James speaks before Phoebe can even begin to formulate a response, snapping, "Absolutely not!"

Phoebe suddenly winces, her hand clamping down on James' arm so tightly that he lets out a surprised grunt of pain. Her heart thunks rapidly in her chest and her eyes grow tearful. The pain she'd figured was normal earlier was slowly but surely becoming very real and very uncomfortable. Remus' eyes grow wide, his hand turning red under the Veela's grip as he says painfully, "James, it's our only option."

James' hands shake and his lips quirk into a worried frown. He begins to protest, "But—"

"IM NOT HAVING THIS BABY IN THIS GOD AWFUL HOME!" Phoebe shouts finally, shaking off the boys holding onto her. Her eyes are dark with an emotion James can't decipher and her face is set in stone. His worry only grows, because they had to communicate. He needed her to communicate what was going on in her head, in her body, or he may just pass out.

Gideon leans away with wide eyes, looking very intimidated by the girl. Sirius scoffs at her insult towards Grimmauld Place, not that he could disagree with her. Molly speaks up, looking very sympathetic and very excited, "Go on, Pheebs! Let's get you to Sirius' bike!"

The Veela offers a curt nod, not speaking and glaring when the boys go to support her with their hands. Gideon and Remus quickly back off, James not so eager to let go of her. When he receives a sharp glare from his wife he reluctantly moves to stand next to her with his clenched hands down by his sides. His palms were sweating and he quickly wipes them on his pants in an attempt to steady their shaking and dry up his nerves. It doesn't work.

"I'm still not happy about this!" James nearly yells, walking behind Phoebe and Molly. He balks at the back of the Veela when she merely holds up her middle finger over her shoulder.

Remus and Gideon fail to stifle their laughter, earning a very flat glare from James. His heart was in his throat, eyes quickly returning to watch as Phoebe pauses for a brief moment to exhale through a painful few moments. When she straightens back up he reminds his lungs to inflate.

They all hurry down the stairs, Sirius already out in the back yard of Grimmauld Place. It was a sorry excuse for one, no grass and barely any space whatsoever. He's busily casting the impervius charm on the motorbike, Phoebe waddling up behind him. James quickly reaches out, grabbing her arm. His voice is strained and his lip wobbling as he says simply, "Phoebe."

The Veela turns, her expression softening at the sight of her husband so worried. Before another contraction can wrack her body, she shuffles closer to him, her hands coming up to cup his face.

James instantly feels soothed, a quiet sigh escaping his lips. He hunches over, his forehead resting on hers so he can meet her grey gaze. Phoebe offers up a faint smile, her eyes glinting with mirth as she whispers, "This is it, Potter. Our last moments just the two of us."

James shakes his head, emotions settling as a lump in his throat. He smooths back some of her hair, replying quietly, "I don't think I'm ready. I don't think I can share you."

Phoebe just laughs, and it's just as breath taking as it had been the day he'd first seen her at Hogwarts. Eleven years old. He'd been eleven years old when he'd first met his future wife. The future mother of his children.

He was terrified, he could finally admit it. Because nine years had gone by in the blink of an eye and now he was going to have to share her. Share her laughter and her smiles and her endless amounts of love. And what if he couldn't give as much of himself to this child as he was desperate to give to her?

He complies all to easily when she pulls him closer, presses her lips to his. James savors this moment, savors the way her lips curl into a smile when his hands slip down to rest on her bump. She pulls back first, her lips brushing his as she murmurs confidently,

"Go. I'll meet you there."

James hesitates before nodding slightly, his hands reluctant to leave her. Sirius comes to stand by her side, a reassuring smile on his face. James knew he would take care of her.

Phoebe forced a smile onto her face when James takes another step back, his expression full of turmoil when he grabs onto Remus and Gideon's outstretched hands. And then they're gone with a resounding 'pop,' leaving her to lean on Sirius for support.

She shakes her head, her confident facade falling as he wordlessly guides her closer to the motorcycle. Sirius looks at her knowingly, holding her hands as she clambers into the sidecar.

"You can do this, Pheebs," He reminds her, climbing onto the bike. Phoebe just shakes her head again, her lips pressed into a firm line and her eyes watering slightly. Sirius refrains from saying anything more, and Phoebe closes her eyes as they take off into the London sky.

She only wishes that she could hear her earrings over the roaring sounds of her grandmother and mother's voices in her head.

She wasn't ready.

The Stag and The Harpy | James PotterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara