Sister

"We're back!" Someone yells, drawing the attention of the order members lingering in Grimmauld Place.

James looks up from his book and meets the wide eyes of Sirius, the both of them jumping to their feet and racing down the stairs. Sirius beats him to it, stopping dead in his tracks when he reaches the bottom. James slams into his back, the two of them barely standing as James grunts,

"Fucking hell, Padfoot! What are you..."

James trails off when he sees what has stopped his friend so suddenly. Benjy Fenwick has his arm around Phoebe's waist, holding her up as they slowly hobble down the hallway and mutter to each other quietly. What really stuns them, is the red splotch that has covered the front of Phoebe's robes, staining the white shirt that has been slashed open.

Phoebe looks up from where she's smiling at Benjy and meets the pale faces of Sirius and James. Her heart skips a beat at the horror in James' eyes that are trained on her bleeding chest.

"I'm fine," She says quickly, momentarily forgetting that she and the boy with crooked glasses are no longer an item. "James, It doesn't hurt."

James doesn't know what compels him to do it, but he's suddenly flying down the stairs and slamming Benjy into the wall.

"Hey!" The wizard cries, throwing his hands up in defense as James grabs his collar and smacks him against the wall again.

"James!" Phoebe yells, her eyes bugging out of her head. She tries to tug at his shoulder, tries desperately to make him release the poor guy he's harassing. But James only has eyes for Benjy, fury boiling the blood in his veins.

"Where were you, Fenwick?" He asks loudly. Benjy yells back, "Fuck off, Potter! We had it under control!"

"You were supposed to protect her!" James roars. Multiple heads poke out of the kitchen, Lily, Marlene, and Alice staring in shock at the scene unfolding before them.

"Sirius, a little help please!" Phoebe says exasperatedly. Sirius grins sheepishly and nods, quickly grabbing James' arms and pulling him back from Benjy. James scowls, trying to fight against Sirius' grip of him to get back at Benjy.

"Go, Fenwick," Sirius barks, giving the disgruntled looking boy an opportunity to leave. Benjy pauses, mumbling,

"We make a good team, Pheebs."

James sees red again, cursing as he tries to get at the boy. Benjy quickly apparates away, leaving James and Sirius and Phoebe standing silently in the hall.

Phoebe stares at him blankly, her jaw dropped open. James' eyes fly to her, cataloguing her body for any other possible injury. His heart clenches at the long bloody cut stretching from her right collarbone to the left side of her chest. His stomach flips and he quickly shrugs off Sirius, storming to the bathroom and slamming the door shut.

Sirius winces when he hears something that sounds an awful lot like retching. Phoebe blinks, suddenly feeling very very dumb. She nearly goes after him, but then a short woman with hair the color of clementines appears in front of her.

"Dark magic," The woman says crossly, shaking her head. Phoebe mutters confusedly as the woman takes her hand and guides her into the kitchen, Sirius trailing behind them,

"Um, do I know you?"

The witch turns pink under the Veela's unwavering stare. The pale grey of her eyes was intimidating to say the least. The older witch smiles bashfully, saying quickly, "Forgive me, dear. I'm Molly. Molly Weasley."

Phoebe's eyes are drawn to where Molly is resting one hand on a growing bump. Pregnant. Phoebe had never met someone that was pregnant before.

Lily, already sitting at the table with supplies spread out in front of her, explains warmly, "Molly is Gideon and Fabian's sister."