Favors

It was quite a sight to behold for the other Marauders.

Sirius, Remus, and Peter simply just stared at a very angry looking James dragging a frazzled looking Phoebe behind him as he marched through the corridor. The girl clung to his arm, desperately saying over and over, "No no no no no!!"

James either didn't hear her or didn't care, but Phoebe quickly spots the marauders and says, "Lads! A little help!"

"Uh, Prongs?" Remus asks loudly. James just plows by them, making Phoebe squeak in surprise. Red hot anger threatens to erupt from his chest as he makes his way across the corridor. The mauraders eyes widen when they see James, and in tow Phoebe, heading towards the dungeons.

"Prongs!" Sirius cries, running after them. He and the two other boys eventually get in front of James, forcing him to stop.

"Move," He says curtly, eyes narrowing slightly. Remus and Sirius glance at each other, slightly shocked.

"Where are we going?" Peter pipes up.

"I'm going to fucking murder myself some Slytherins."

Phoebe rights herself, sliding in between James and the other boys. She pleads, "James don't. You'll only make it worse."

His nostrils flare and he avoids her gaze, staring past her head and the heads of his friends in the direction of the stairwell that he knows will take him to the snakes.

"In return, I'll do something for you," Phoebe offers quickly, tugging on the front of his sweater to get him to look down at her. James' anger still boils his blood, but he falters at her words.

"Like what?" James asks, earning a chuckle from the marauders. Phoebe shrugs and says, "If you do this favor for me, I'll do one for you. I believe you owe me one anyway for spying."

James hesitates for a long time before saying, "Okay. My favor is I want you to tell me what they said."

Phoebe pales and shakes her head, images of James beating the life out of Mulciber and getting expelled running through her mind. She pictures Euphemia and Fleamont and all their friends blaming her. And her mother telling her that this is why we keep our composure.

"No," Phoebe says finally and firmly, leaving no room for further prodding. James frustratedly runs his hands through his hair, turning away from the blonde and her piercing grey eyes to collect himself. When his back is turned Phoebe glances back at her friends, eyes wide. Sirius is fighting a surprised smirk while Remus just looks concerned. And Peter looks confused, but that was rather standard.

James turns to face her again after trying hard to calm himself down. It was very clear that the Veela was not going to let him do the terrible things he wanted to do to the Slytherins. Emotions swirled in his gut furiously until a thought brightens his mind. To the marauders and Phoebe, they could practically see the lightbulb going off.

"I get two favors then since you denied my first," James says curtly, releasing his hands from his hair. Phoebe, not wanting to argue or see him hurt anyone nods quickly gesturing for him to go on.

She quirks a brow as he steps closer, bending down to reach her ear.

"Kiss me. Right now."

Phoebe shivers as the whispered words tickle the sensitive skin behind her ear. She hesitates before saying, "Tell them to leave then."

The marauders blink in surprise at James' sudden change in mood. He still looks pissed, but there's a tiny smirk tugging at his lips when he gestures with his head for his friends to leave. Sirius looks at Phoebe for confirmation, eyeing her blushing cheeks suspiciously. It suddenly dawns on him and he gags dramatically while Remus rolls his eyes.

"Don't defile my sister," Sirius begs as Remus and Peter drag him away. James watches them go and begins turning back to the blonde, "Now that we—"

His words are cut off by her lips fitting against his. James makes a tiny noise of surprise in the back of his throat, but then launches into action. Phoebe gasps against him when he grabs her hands and walks her backwards until her back is pressed up against the cold stone of the castle.

James groans, relishing the fact that he was finally kissing Phoebe Griffin again and it was even better than he remembered. Phoebe let's out another tiny gasp when his hands press hers over her head, holding them there. James takes the opportunity to swipe his tongue past her parted lips, diving into the sweet mouth that had been teasing him earlier. She still tasted sugary, like the quills she'd been munching on.

Phoebe moans softly, her tongue seeking his instantly. She teases him, feather light touches until he growls low in his throat and nips at her lower lip. Her eyes nearly roll back from the unexpected yet welcome bite. James lets her arms, his palms itching to slide up her body. He starts at her hips, squeezing her slightly before he slips his hands underneath the back of her sweater.

His fingers finally touch the smooth bare skin of her lower back and the sensation has him hard in seconds. He groans circling his hands slowly over the cool skin. Phoebe arches into him, wanting to cry over how good his rough palms feel on her. Her fingers go to his hair, her mouth separating from him. She kisses his jaw and his neck, hot open mouthed kisses that leave James a turned on mess. Phoebe can't help but feel her excitement grow at the feeling of James hard against her stomach, every doubt, concern, and coherent thought wiped from her mind.

James curses as she grinds her hips up into his, his hands sliding out from underneath her shirt to still them.

"Do that again and I'm going to shag you right here," He groans, smiling as he feels her smirk against his neck. Reluctantly he pulls back slightly, bringing her face back up to his with one of his hands. He grasps her chin gently, peppering kisses across her sweet, irresistible face until she's laughing quietly below him. James grins and kisses her lips one last time before pulling away to rest his forehead on hers.

Phoebe slows her rapid breathing, opening her eyes slowly to already find him staring at her, affection written all over his face. Phoebe smiles rather shyly, suddenly embarrassed by her forward actions. Here she was, practically humping him in the corridor when all he'd asked for was a kiss. He didn't seem to mind though, a relaxed grin having replaced the tight lipped anger from earlier. James cups the side of her face, his thumb slowly tracing over her puffy pink lips. He can't help it, he leans in to peck them again. The two teens laugh into the chaste kiss before he pulls back once again, releasing her.

He shoots her a rueful smile as he takes a step back, muttering, "I can't think when I'm close to you."

Phoebe grins slightly. Perhaps it's the joy she derived from surprising him, or the tiniest bit of doubt she thinks she hears in his voice...but she finds herself replying quietly,

"The feeling is mutual, Potter."

James' eyebrows shoot to his hairline, his bashful smile replaced with a smug grin.

"Yeah?" He asks, reaching out to tuck some of her stray hair behind her ear. Phoebe blushes from the simple action and nods, biting on her lower lip to keep the internal girly squeals out of her mouth. James smirks and says cheekily,

"That bodes well for my second favor then."

"And what would that be?"

"A Date."