Present

{{I can't resist the drama.}}

Phoebe brushes out her hair, groaning quietly to herself.

Her back was killing her, from what she wasn't sure. But she had to ignore it. Because today she was springing free from Grimmauld place and going shopping.

She lifts her arms to tie back her hair but finds that it hurts to stretch. So she lets it go, leaves it brushing against her face and stands. She pulls on her coat and her mittens before wrapping a scarf around her neck. Phoebe meanders to the library and finds James and Sirius leaning over a map that Madeye had given them of all the death eater camps that had been abandoned or infiltrated.

"I'm leaving," Phoebe sings, smiling when James and Sirius both whip their heads up. James frowns a little and asks, "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"Yes, I already have company."

Sirius quirks a brow, leaning back to watch in amusement. He knew exactly what company she was talking about. He smirks when James asks, "Oh and who is that?"

"Benjy."

James freezes, eyes practically bulging out of his head as he squawks indignantly, "I'm sorry, who?!"

Phoebe rolls her eyes, replying simply, "Benjy and I are going to Diagon Alley, James. I've been talking about this for days."

"You neglected to mention that you are going with that fucking wanker!" James cries, stalking over to her. He flips Sirius off, growing irritated at his friends snickering. Phoebe smiles slightly and says, "James, I'm wearing a ring. I'm married, and very much in love with my husband. And besides, Fenwick has a girl he wants to buy a Christmas present for. I said I would help."

James still has a sour look on his face, but it fades slightly when she smiles furtively and stands on her toes to whisper,

"I'll give you an early Christmas gift when I get back."

His hands fly to her waist without thinking, his eyes widening. He chews on the inside of his cheek, tentatively asking, "What kind of gift?"

Phoebe chuckles and presses a lingering kiss to his cheek, mumbling, "Use your imagination." She goes to pull away but he turns his head, quickly capturing her lips in a possessive kiss that makes her toes curl and her head spin.

When she pulls back she flushes and clears her throat, embarrassed by how quickly she was considering dragging him to her room. James smirks down at her like he knows so she quickly steps back and says, "Okay I'm out of here."

James grins and grabs her hand, giving it a squeeze before murmuring seriously, "Be safe, Bee. And use your pat—"

"My patronus if I need you, yes I know," She laughs, pecking his cheek. She peers over his shoulder and smirks at Sirius, his eyes locked onto the ceiling so he doesn't have to witness them snog .

"Bye, Padfoot," she teases, laughing when her best friend merely flips her off. She murmurs to James, "I love you. Stay out of trouble."

"Love you," James replies, pointedly leaving out the second half of her request. She rolls her eyes and apparates away, landing moments later in Diagon Alley.

She winces when she lands on the street, pain flaring in her back. She rests her hand on her hip and mutters, "Bloody hell. I'll have to ask Molly."

She peers around the busy streets, her face lighting up when she sees Benjy.

"Oi, Fenwick!" She calls, slipping past people until she stands in front of him. He smiles, eyes excited when she appears. He reaches out and ruffles her hair, teasing, "Hello, Potter."