Chapter 29: Heart Racing

Start from the beginning

"What time was the shoot was over?" Mr. Penn asked.

I was starting to get bored. And the fear I felt before was long gone. I didn't think the questions was just basic. 

"I believe around 3 in the afternoon, we all head out to lunch I remember, at the nearest cafe," I answered briefly.

"Like all of you?... No one was left behind?" he probed.

I paused for a few seconds, recalling each one present at that table. "I remember Austin was left behind but followed us to the cafe after half an hour I believe. He had to stay to wrap up all his equipments with Josh and Tracy. They are VS employees."

Mr. Penn nodded his head, his forehead creased, lost in his thoughts. Head slightly cocked to the side.

The other officer spoke, taking all her attention. "Ms, Valiente," he started. "Are you familiar with this type of impulse control disorder?"

A loud scratching of shoes soles against the floor caused me to shift my eyes to my dad. He sat upright, spine steeled and shoulders rigid. He sent him a deadly stare.

I faked a cough and dad finally met my eyes. He shook his head briefly, sending me the message to opt to answer his question. I gave him a pleading eyes not to intervene. He didn't react, but his stoic face says it all. He's not backing up if they offended me.

I ignored him. "Yes, Sir I am familiar with kleptomania disorder if that is what you are implying," I answered briskly as I looked him in the eyes. 

He nodded his head. He doesn't seemed bothered with my curt tone. Meeting my eyes, he spoke, with a little arrogance. "Ms. Tabitha and a few others mentioned that you like to take some things that is not you—"

Daddy shot up to his feet. My heart almost jumped out of it's ribcage as I involuntarily shot to my feet watching my dad's face as hard as the wall behind him in fear. Fear for the young officer who has no idea what danger is coming his way. "What are you trying to imply, Mr. Cummingham? That my daughter is a kleptomaniac?" Dad snarled cutting his words. I caught the officer Cummingham swallowed hard. He didn't respond.

Dad leveled him with a dark stare. "MY DAUGHTER WAS SET UP BY THOSE CONNIVING BITCHES!!" Dad's thunderous voice boomed inside the four walls of the room. He headed briskly to the mahogany table and grabbed the folders laying on top of it. He turned and strode towards us with a purposeful steps, a determined expression all over his face. A sinister looked directed at the young officer.

I quickly stood next to him, my hand holding his right elbow incase he's gonna charged the young officer.

Looming over them, he spoke in his very infamous tone. Low, cold and sinister. Cold eyes directed at officer Cummingham as he threw the folders on the wooden table. "You want proof? Here!" with his one hand pointing at the folders on the table.

My heart was beating loudly against my ribcage. Dad looked like he's about to kill him. Those brown eyes that held so much arrogance and confidence a moment ago vanished as he looked at my dad.

Dad's eyes shifting between the two officers as he spoke menacingly. A few veins popping on his forehead, showing he's beyond livid. I gave his arm a gentle squeeze. "My daughter will not answer any of your questions. We will see Mrs. Ratskin at the court and they better prove that she did it, otherwise I will drag them all to the ground!" Dad's jaw tightened with suppressed anger.

Mr. Penn took the folders. He scanned it quickly. He looked at his companion and gave him a brief nod. He folded the yellow folders close and took the mini recorder and turned it off. He stood up, a little embarrassed. Officer Cummingham briskly stood up following him.