Zach

"My place is pretty close if you want to go?" Tracy, my new 'friend' said.

"You would just take a stranger to your house?" I asked jokingly.

"Well to be fair I'd be taking you to a friend's house since I'm house sitting" she smiled cheekily.

"And your friend wouldn't mind?" I laughed as I caught movement in the corner of my eye where Kaylee was sitting with Nicky.

"What she doesn't know won't kill her right?" Tracy grinned.

"No-no it won't" my voice faded as I looked up to see Nicky walk up to a man right opposite to me on the other end of the bar, they were right in my line of vision now.

Tracy started to say something about her cats but my eyes were too busy following Nicky and her male companion, the man was dressed in a two piece suit. Complete buisness man from the looks of it, not the type you'd think Nicky would go for.

He said something to her to make her smile, her smile was different. It still held a certain type of warmth that I could feel from across the room but something about it was different. I had a weird urge to listen into their conversation, to know why she was smiling so brightly.

Here I was at the bar, with a beautiful woman right by my side. Yet I wanted to be besides the woman who's voice used to annoy me through my whole childhood and teenage life.

I blame this on her back! Why couldn't she have just faced me when I had entered that bar, I would've never had these thoughts if she did. Now I can actually see that she is pretty attractive and I hate that.

As I continued to stare at Nicky whilst slowly taking a few sips of my drink I watched her smile drop and I spotted a look I knew all too well. Nicky Simone was mad, she was downright furious but she contained most of that anger behind her eyes as she rattled on to the man. Being on the other side of that stare made me glad to see that someone else was getting it instead of me, cause God knows how much Nicky loved firing me in the past. She was Kaylee's personal lawyer.

"What's the story between you two?" Tracy asked, bringing me out of my daze.

"Between who?" I asked looking back at Tracy.

"The girl you've been staring at for the past whole minute" she nodded towards Nicky and the business man.

"She's my sister's best friend, there is no story between us" I shook my head laughing nervously.

"Please, I'm not blind. I can see when a man is more interested in another woman whilst talking to me. So what's the story?" she asked again.

"Nothing really" I shook my head as I looked back at Nicky who had moved on to place her drink down at the bar and walk towards the dancefloor.

"Are you serious-you're staring at her right now" Tracy started to laugh.

"Well she didn't look particularly happy so I wanted to check out if she was fine" I lied.

"She's pretty" Tracy turned around and started to stare at Nicky, who had started to move into the crowd on the dancefloor.

"She is" I replied without a second thought.

"Ah-ha! So you think she's pretty" Tracy pointed a finger at me.

"I'm not blind, I can see when a woman isn't too shabby looking" I took her accusatory finger and pushed it down, "but she's been my sister's best friend since we were kids, not to mention she was a pain in my ass most of the time" I stated.

"You're totally attracted to her aren't you?" Tracy smirked.

"No! What? No! Right now the only person I'm attracted to is you" I tried to turn the conversation.