Sick Harry, cute Harry(50)

Chapter 50 WOW! I can't believe we made it here! I'm so incredibly proud of how this book is developing and growing, so proud of myself for improving and for having the motivation to get where I am. But most of all, so grateful for you for sticking around. You make this all so worth it, thank you.

I also should have said this before but we're well over halfway through the book, I can't believe it :/ I'm gonna miss this crazy ride so much, but let's not focus on that for now!

Harry's POV

Cold sweat coaxes my clammy forehead, a burning sensation taking over my whole body yet I've never felt so cold. My eyes open slowly, everything feeling sore as I try to turn on my side. A pained groan escapes my lips as I pull the thin covers further up my body, only my head being visible.

Davina's face comes into my line of vision, eyes still closed but she seemed to be waking up. Even with the discomfort over my body, the sight before me still made a smile grace up my face, her lips in an adorable pout and nose scrunched up. I snake my hand around her waist under the covers, pulling her closer until her hand rested on my naked chest.

She hisses almost immediately, pulling away and shooting her eyes open to look at me. "Why are you so fucking hot?" Her morning voice made the sentence barely understable, speech interrupted by a cough but it still made me chuckle regardless.

I'm not gonna lie, even the vibrations of laughing caused a sharp pain to shoot down my muscles. "Well good morning you too." My throat felt sore as I spoke, it seemed as if I hadn't drunk water in months when truly I had a big glass before going to bed.

Davina ignores my silly remark, supporting her weight on her elbow so she could look down at me. A frown was permanent on her forehead from waking up so early, her hand cold as she put it on my forehead.

"Harry you're burning up." She says lowly, a wave of worry taking over he features. She sits up properly, trying to move the covers from my body but I shake my head no, pulling them closer to me. "Baby that's not healthy, you can't be all covered."

My stomach flutters at the pet name, but the feeling is overridden by a pounding to my head. I felt bile rising up my throat but I accidently swallow it down, causing that burning sensation that always leaves a horrible taste. "Vina I'm cold." My chin almost shakes because I'm actually fucking freezing.

Davina sighs deeply, resting her head in her hands for a second before throwing the covers off herself and standing up. I gulp down hard as I watch her stroll to my closet, only wearing her underwear and my shirt.

She starts rummaging through the drawers, in search for something. I didn't have a walk in closet like in the penthouse but it was still fairly big. I've always liked the LA house better to be honest, it feels more like me probably because I was in charge of the construction and decoration.

Davina freezes after opening one of the drawers, her cheeks redding as she sends me a sideway glance. Oh shit, the drawer. There was a lot of really questionable things there and it was impossible to read her expression from here, so let's just hope she's imagining using all of the stuff and not thinking I'm a total weirdo.

She clears her throat awkwardly, closing the drawer and turning to look at me with crossed arms. "Do you have a thermometer or something?" Her voice was still roarse, a subtle blush to her cheeks and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Davina it's fine, I'm okay." I say while starting to get off the bed so I can get a hoodie. I never get sick, I'll be fine plus we don't have time for this.

She steps quickly back to me before I can even sit straight, pushing my shoulder forcefully so I'd lay back down. "Don't get up!" She says sternly, frowning in such a lovely way it made me wanna kiss her whole face. "You're my prisoner for today so stay there."

I huff but lay down regardless, quite liking the idea of being hers for the whole day. "They're in the first aid kit in the toilet." I rest my back against the headboard, pulling the covers around my whole body and shuffling until I was in a comfortable position.

Davina disappears for a few minutes before coming back out with a thermometer and a couple of pills. I watch her carefully as she sits down in front of me, pointing the thermometer at my head since it was one of those digital ones and waiting until the screen beeps.

She looks down worriedly, glancing at me with a sympathetic look. "You have a fever," Putting the device aside, Davina reaches for one of the pills to hand it to me. "This one will help also if you have any headaches. I'll go get some water."

I take her hand just as she stood up, pulling her closer until her face was just inches away from mine. "A kiss will make it better." I whisper against her lips, seeing a small smile creep up her face but she shakes her head and pulls away.

I frown and cross my arms playfully, causing her to laugh. "I'm not kissing you until you take your pills, sorry," She shrugs and plays along, actually walking out of the room this time so she could get some water.

I worry a little bit about the whole situation downstairs because I didn't have the chance to talk to Davina about yesterday, she kept changing subjects whenever I brought it up. I obviously sympathize with Lou and I feel so terrible he's feeling this way, he's always been my rock and it hurts to see him break down.

But I was also very sad because I thought Davina and Louis were finally making some progress. I knew he never liked her but I truly believed we could all be friendly, especially after Callum's house. I still think it's possible, maybe I should just give them some time to work it out.

I tilt my head back to stare at the ceiling, shaking slightly from the cold but too sore to get a hoodie. Good things I stayed here because there was no way I'd be able to work. It's strange though how long Davina is taking to come back up, it's been almost ten minutes.

I'm almost standing up to go check if Louis and her killed each other until she comes back, closing the door behind her and walking closer to me. She had a small smile on her lips, a glass of water and a plate with a sandwich in both her hands.

"I decided to also get you something to eat," Davina says while placing the plate and cup down on the bedside table. She takes a seat in front of me again, brushing my hair off my face and blowing a kiss in my direction. "It's better to eat before taking medicine."

I nod quietly, feeling too flustered to speak, before starting to eat. The chicken and salad sandwich was always my favorite but I could barely feel the flavour, swallowing slowly because it was too painful otherwise. Vina only watches me quietly, messing with my ring on her middle finger.

After I finished the food, I place the plate aside and take the pill with the water. Hopefully this works fast because the soreness in my muscles was almost too much to take.

"You know, Louis and I talked." Davina says without looking up. Her words scared me a little but the small smile on her lips told me not to worry. I stay quiet, letting her go on if she wishes. "He's a good guy, he's just upset but he apologized and so did I."

I let her words sit in the air between us for a little, but soon a giddy feeling erupted at my stomach. A big smile takes over my lips, my eyes closing on their own out of sheer excitement. Two of the people who mean the most to me are going to work things out, that's all I could ask for.

"That's really good Vina, that makes me so happy." I signal her to come closer and for once let her know how I truly feel. She gets under the covers and warms my body with her own, looking at me with that dream stare and for once I thought I was brave enough to tell her.

She sighs in contentment, hugging my waist and shuffling down until her head aligned with my heart. If only she knew she owns it, that all of this is for her.

I wanted to tell Davina because under all that excitement, there was still a slight anxiety about everything. I had a really bad feeling about this and I was almost never wrong.

Hey guys, hoped you liked this! Listen, the next couple of chapters are extremely hard to write so I'm probably not gonna be able to update every three days, please be patient with me lmao!

i love you! Don't forget to comment and vote!