All of this, for you (49)

A/N: Feelings suck, life is overwhelming and we don't always have the best ways to cope with it. Let's be understanding.

Louis' POV

I jog to the other side of the room with paper and tape in my hand, quickly gluing it alongside all the evidence in the makeshift theory board I made. The LA house office was quite big so I had the opportunity to get our actual case files. The far window was covered in files and pictures of random shit that I found relevant, all connected with red string so it'd look just like in mystery movies.

I can't deny I was a bit dramatic, but it makes me work better.

I have been here for nine hours now, ever since ten am when I woke up. I would have gotten up earlier but these last few days messed up my sleeping schedule. Being here for so long I also didn't have time to go out and eat, but thanks to Niall who made some lunch and brought it in.

I take a moment to run a hand through my sweaty hair, breathing deeply and taking in the messy room. Nothing makes sense, nothing is happening like it should be.

I'm losing the fucking plot, oh god, I don't even know why we got Davina anymore. The plan was to get her and get revenge but now what? None of this would have happened if she didn't show up.

A slight knock on the door pulls my attention away from the files on the floor, the frown is still prominent in my face as I look over just to see the door opening slightly. Annoyance still boils my veins, I don't want to blame this on her but who else is there to blame? Her and her stupid, messed up family.

For a minute I think I can tone it down, seeing Harry's head pop in with a small smile to his face. But soon enough he's entering the room, but there she follows. Hand gripped tightly on his own like she can't fucking walk by herself. Niall follows them closely, shutting the door behind him as they all take a seat on the couch.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Harry asks surprisingly, throwing an arm over Davina's shoulder and making me internally roll my eyes. I turn my back to them and face the evidence board instead, I shouldn't be mad at her but I can't fucking help it.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep or hunger but even her ponytail and pink dress are annoying me right now.

"I gathered some stuff on Liam and Zayn so we could make more sense of this," I tell them without turning around, making sure all the pictures are in the right place before I can move away from the window and show them. They all look up amazed, analyzing every detail of the board.

Davina's eyes freeze on one particular picture, her brows furrowing as she leans towards to try and see better. "Why is Mackenzie there?" She asks confusedly.

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before answering her, "She hasn't been to any of her classes for the past three days," I point to the paper that had her university's ID card information on it, but I doubt they could see it. "According to her record she would never miss three consecutive classes, let alone three days."

"So you're saying Liam took her?" Niall asks this time, folding his arms over his chest with a laid back posture. Even though he was much calmer now, I could still see the hurt and betrayal in his eyes and it sucked I couldn't help him right away. I'm doing the best I can trying to catch this motherfucker, but there's only so much I can do.

"Her and her roommate more precisely," My statement makes Davina scoff, Harry sending her a confused glance as I only let out an irritated huff. "And I don't think it was Liam alone."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry questions, letting go of Davina and standing up so he can walk closer to the board.

"We all know Zayn was involved in his family's business, that's a fact." I explain to him, pointing to the pictures we acquired over the years of Zayn and his family. "But I think he sided with Liam."