Atlantis (37)

Losing everything I've ever known
It's all become too much
Maybe I'm not built for love
If I knew that I could reach you, I would go

~~Atlantis by Seafret~~

Hello beautiful people, this is probably the longest I stayed without updating but thank you for being patient with me. I just started my midterm exams and they're *tough*. Anyways here's your chapter, I hope you enjoy it and thanks so much for 3k!!

Perhaps the most painful truth in this life is how much can be stolen from you in such little time.

Harry's POV a while earlier

"How much is left?" Louis growls in annoyance to my left, throwing his head in his hands.

"Hopefully not a lot," I shrug and continue to look through the stack of papers on the desk.

We were sitting at the warm office for hours now, reading through every single document about my father and Davina's that we could find. We needed to find any clues as to Ben's whereabouts. It was so sunny today we had to close the curtains and turn on the air conditioning, I don't really like it but it's better than extreme heat.

We arrived from the airport a while ago and everyone was already gone from the kitchen, I couldn't risk it again this time so I went to check on Davina to see her peacefully asleep. Niall was also in his room and Liam and Zayn were nowhere to be seen, I assume they went out yet again.

Fuck, I could barely focus on anything all evening. Partly because it was way too fucking hot but I also couldn't get last night's events off my mind. Everything was going so perfectly well I was almost scared, ever since I took Vina to the roof we've been so close and it makes me so.... happy.

A smile spreads across my lips as the memories swim around my head, she almost fell yesterday after we were done because her legs weren't working properly. Now in all fairness, she did tease me all goddamn day. Sending me dirty texts all night when I was just across the room from her, made me so grateful I gave her that phone.

*one day ago*

Vina: what are you doing?

Me: seating down??? I'm literally across from you

Vina: It's kinda hot today.

Me: No shit sherlock

Vina: I was thinking you may want to do smth with me but since you're being so rude... I might as well call Niall

Me: You fucking wish darling. What exactly are your plans for 'smth'?

Vina: Anything that involves no clothes ;)

Me: Are you trying to see me naked, baby? That's very dirty of you.

Vina: I don't know what you're talking about, I was just gonna have a shower.

Me: And you want me to join you is that it?

Vina: I actually had something else in mind...

Me: Like what?

Vina: like...

Me: ???

Vina: Why don't you come upstairs with me and find out