Well, true dat, this method is quite avant-garde even applying in a modern world, let alone in this ancient time.

And it is also a truth that Lin Dafu is though not a reliable partner when it comes to love or something. But he has done a excellent job in his business.

Visiting the place where the fabrics are produced, Song Qinghan scratched his head again, saying awkwardly, “I know this is kind of stuff people require in daily life, it’s tough for me to run such a large-scale business.”

Lin Dafu chuckled and then accompanied with him onto the carriage, heading to the next place.

Again getting off the carriage, Song Qinghan found they were arriving at a diner.

“Is this diner belonged to you too?” He turned to ask Lin Dafu.

Lin Dafu nodded and smiled, saying, “Something you like to eat? I will order some.”

Song Qinghan casually picked a few preserved-candies and put them in his mouth. With that try, he turned his face into bitter one, asking, “How do candies taste salty?”

Without waiting for Lin Dafu to answer, the shopkeeper of the diner came to introduce, saying, “This is the specialty of our diner, you will find none in other restaurant or diner. Would you like to try this sour soup out?”

Nodding, Song Qinghan took over the sour soup in the shopkeeper’s hands. Since the soup featured no strange look at all, Song Qinghan drank it without hesitation.

Well, the taste of the sour soup, as Song Qinghan could tell, bore much resemblance with syrup of plum (a popular soup or beverage in China), but also tasted like over-fermented fruits. With a slow swallowing, it delivered a sense of addiction although it seemingly tasted not good at the first bite. The sweetness then spread.

Noticing Song Qinghan was gobbling all the soup down, the shopkeeper smiled big and stretched out to take back the bowl, asking, “Do you want more soup? Or you would love to try some others?”

“One more bowl please!” said Song Qinghan.

Lin Dafu smiled to Song Qinghan while the shopkeeper was turning and went to picked up another. He said, “If you can’t produce something people require in daily life. Then you can try impress them with some special stuff, something that they will surely remember.”

Song Qinghan nodded thoughtfully, saying, “In short, we have to stay in the same boat with our customers. Right?”

With an astonishment, Lin Dafu praised over the excellent comprehension that Song Qinghan got, nodding and saying, “That’s right. Well, ostensibly, it is a simple task, but most merchants will never be able to know that.”

Taking back the sour soup and coming over, the shopkeeper delivered the bowl in Song Qinghan’s hands, and then smiled to Lin Dafu, saying, “Young Master. I found another novelty recently. And I am figuring out what I can use of it.”

With Song Qinghan aside, Lin Dafu didn’t seem to hide, asking, “What is that?”

The shopkeeper took out two brown fruits in round-shape from the counter, answering, “Someone in Huichun Shop told me that these fruits are called monk fruits. They can be used to make a tea or something. I made that yesterday, and it tasted not bad. Well, I would say it is possessing a simplest taste. Probably it will be prefect with other flavors.”

Song Qinghan was stunned standing there, asking, “Monk fruits?”

Of course Lin Dafu knew the fact that they were fruits from Song Qinghan, he did get one bag of monk fruits and seasonings from Wu Dahu. Though he never tried, he still could recognize them.

He then chuckled and said, “You are lucky today. No one would better knows the fruits than Childe Song.”

The shopkeeper would never show any suspicion of his to Lin Dafu, so when he heard that he turned to Song Qinghan, asking in a tentative tone, “Did you plant the fruits?”

Pondering for a while, Song Qinghan answered vaguely, “Well, kind of. But I only know one certain way to make a tea of it. It is too sweet, better for making a dessert.”

Nodding, the shopkeeper answered, “True dat. I will smash them and make them into syrup. Let’s see if the syrup of them tastes good or not.”

He then rolled his eyes, something seemed to occur to him all of a sudden, he looked at Lin Dafu and said, “Since Childe Song plants the fruits. Why not let him sell the fruits to us directly. It’s better and more convenient for us not getting them from the Huichun Shop.”

Song Qinghan nodded vigorously, saying, “That’s great. How many do you want? I can give you preferential price if you require in a large quantity.”

Lin Dafu coughed lightly and said with a smile, “It won’t be late for you two to talk about that. But now it’s time to go back and have lunch.”

The shopkeeper looked at the sky and hurriedly sent them to the carriage. By the way, he made an appointment with Song Qinghan tomorrow to discuss the deal.

As the carriage started moving ahead, the fact that the “deal” between him and Lin Dafu would come to an end soon occurred to Song Qinghan suddenly. He got his mind wild yet anxious.

Did Lin Dafu interrupt the deal just then? What if the shopkeeper changed his mind tomorrow?