Stick Together

Ahri found herself watching the same video over and over again.

It was nostalgic in a way. Reminded her of her time as a Runetube artist. Just a girl with a guitar and a dream. Back when her hair was still black and she wore clothes from thrift stores. Back before it was cool.

The girl was named Seraphine, she learned. Ahri had her eye on her for a while now, but hearing her do a cover of POP/STARS really caught her ear.

Akali: Are you still watching that video? Give it a rest already. I'm dying over here.

Ahri looked up from her laptop to see the youngest member of the group laying on the couch. She was watching some old Kung fu movie that was originally in Japanese.

Ahri always found the dubbing to be weird. The way the mouth never matched up with the words that were being said. She also found a lot of the screams and cries to be extremely awkward.

She recalled asking Akali why she watched them like this.

Akali: I can't find the originals.

Akali really enjoyed these films and she didn't particularly care if they dubbed over or not. She just liked the action. It got her pumped like she could do some of the moves.

She's tried before. That was not a fun trip to the ER. Kai'sa wouldn't stop lecturing her about it for a good hour after they got home.

Ahri looked back to her computer before she closed it.

Ahri: She's good.

Akali: I know. I heard you the first billion times you said that.

Ahri got up and walked over to the kitchen area where she opened the fridge. She looked at the neatly stocked items which included things like eggs, vegetables, butter, healthy juices, and bottles of Fiji water.

Having four rich women in one house was honestly really useful. Especially when they all practically followed the same diet plans.

Not that they needed to. Evelynn had restlessly made that very clear.

Ahri grabbed a bottle of water before she heard the front door open. From it came two sets of footsteps, and a distant argument.

Akali: Come on. Ahri! They're fighting again!

Ahri sighed as Evelynn and Kai'sa entered the room, clearly upset at each other.

Kai'sa: I'm just saying, you didn't have to be so mean.

Evelynn: He cut me off and nearly made me hit someone. What was I supposed to do, say "oops?"

Kai'sa: I don't know. But you didn't have to lay on your horn like that and cuss him out!

Evelynn: I would've given him the finger if you didn't stop me!

Akali groaned as she fell back onto the couch, disappearing from view. Ahri also began to run her temples at the two's bickering.

If there was any conflict within the group, it was those two.

Kai'sa believed in compromise.

Evelynn didn't.

That was the problem with having big personalities together. They tend to clash.

Ahri just took her bottle and headed for the couch while Evelynn and Kai'sa argued about what one should do during a traffic situation.

Ahri did feel one way or another about the whole thing. She didn't drive. Akali stuck to her bike and that was about it.

Ahri sat down next to where Akali was laying and tried to watch the movie being played.