Sun & Moon (HyunLix) [PART 3]

Start from the beginning

The architectural layout was different, for one. The hallways weren't spacious enough for Jisung to fly anywhere, nor were there any entrances adapted for people to fly through, so he had to walk – and damn, did he complain a lot. The clothes were also different, so Hyunjin had to ask a seamstress to look into making special designs for Jisung's wings. 

The food, the culture, the people – everything was unlike anything Felix and Jisung had ever known but, on the social aspect of things, Felix definitely had it worse. His status as a halfling didn't take too long to spread and, even under the protection of the Elf King, he was treated like an absolute abomination.

And yet, despite the treatment, Felix still managed to keep a smile on his face. It often made Hyunjin wonder if his life back with the Sun Tribe was any better.

A mix of both worlds, yet a part of none. Even as an honorific member of the Royal Frolic, Felix surely wasn't accepted by all, because people simply had a difficult time accepting what was different – Hyunjin figured elves and fairies were alike, in that aspect.

"You're staring again. Why don't you just go down there and keep him company? As you are now, you're being more distracting than helpful."

Hyunjin shot a half-glare at his friend. It's not like Minho was any better, really. The sorcerer was always bickering with Jisung, the two of them spending more time together than Hyunjin thought possible, having grown attached at the hip. His advisor might constantly be teasing him about his interest in Felix, but Minho was no better off.

"Fine. I'll do exactly that."

Minho rolled his eyes again and, a tad annoyed, Hyunjin left the library and started making his way to the gardens. His determination however wavered when he finally got there, his pace growing slower the closer he got to the halfling. Just as he was about to turn tail and run back inside, however, Felix looked up from his flowers.

He beamed, and Hyunjin felt like he was melting in the best possible way.

"Your Highness! Come to keep me company?"

His relationship with Felix was... amicable. They weren't exactly as close as Minho and Jisung, Hyunjin trying his hardest to keep a respectable distance between them – after all, reading between the lines of his deal with the Crowned Fae Prince, Felix was still very much a hostage and, should anything happen, it would be Hyunjin's duty and responsibility to strike Felix down.

(Though, a little nagging voice in the back of his head told him he was already too far gone to actually go through with that.)

"Something like that," he relented, allowing a small smile to grace his lips. "I see you've taken an interest in the Stellar Lilacs."

"Is that what they're called? I couldn't find anything on them in the library..."

Hyunjin flushed just a bit at that – the reason why there weren't any books on flowers and botany in the library was because he'd moved them to his room many years ago, and he'd never bothered returning them.

"I might have some books of interest around," he suggested, averting his eyes – Felix's sparkly freckles were too pretty, he couldn't bear looking at them any longer. "I'll have them brought to your room before this evening, should you be interested."

"Oh, yes! I'd love to see them! Thank you!"

Felix beamed and, unable to stop himself, Hyunjin smiled back. Even brighter than the Sun Goddess's kisses sparkling on his cheeks was his smile, and Hyunjin belatedly realized that it was far too late for him not to grow attached.