2

Greyson

I got up and headed to Daxon's office. I decided to go ahead and tell him about the incident last night.

He knew something was wrong when I came back but decided to leave it alone.

I felt like an asshole after I said what I said to her. I don't even know where it came from. Probably just the day got to me. I was stressed out and my wolf was on edge the whole day.

My wolf was pissed at me too and decided not to talk to me because I disrespected our mate. I honestly didn't know till the last minute.

I opened the door and he looked up at me "Ready to talk?"

Daxon's father was Alpha before he stepped down. My father and his father had alliances together so when my father stepped down we decided to just join our packs together. We grew up together and trained together so it just made sense.

"We have a deaf employee," I said starting off

"So?"

"So she's my mate and when I went to get the mail, I said some real disrespectful shit-"

It was a knock on the door and the woman from yesterday came with a container.

"I hope it's okay your assistant let me in" her voice was sweet and sultry. She had a black and white dress on and her hair was in a curly Afro. She had on dark lipstick and glasses in her hair.

Daxon's eyes were popping out of his head and he coughed trying to compose himself. He looked over at me.

'She smells like lavender and spearmints'

'Are you smelling my mate'

'Our'

I looked at him like he lost his damn mind. I saw her awkwardly standing there so I stood up walking over to her, leading her to a seat. She was hesitant at first but then just went.

"I'm sorry for what I said yesterday-" she held her throat

I held my hand up and she looked at me crazy "I'm sorry, that was totally out of place and disrespectful"

Daxon leaned on the desk "What's your name?" he said slowly

"Nyema"

"That's beautiful"

She looked at him confused "You don't have to talk so slow" she motioned to her ear "I'll be able to understand better at a normal rate"

"You're beautiful"

"Oh thank you" She looked at me "So um I made muffins for the apology" she sat them on the desk awkwardly.

"Thank you," I said "Why don't you take the day off, you'll still be paid"

"Plus extra" Daxon said

"Plus extra," I said to her since she wasn't looking at him.

She looked at her watch "Okay? What for?" She looked at Daxon

"Apology, on my behalf. It's a Friday, go relax"

She chuckled "Thank you both" she stood up "and thank you for not firing me"

I got up rushing over to her making her step back. I opened the door for her and she smiled at the both of us before walking out.

I turned around looking at Daxon "No fucking way. Not her"

"She's my mate too, we just have to share"

"I am not sharing my mate with you!"

Daxon smirked at me "Our mate"

I crossed my arms "Yeah? What about Ana"

"She's a good fuck, but she isn't my mate. Plus she's a human so it's not like I have to deal with her forever"

I shook my head "She's a human" I pointed at the door "Were not sharing, we'll let her pick"

He shook his head "We could die"

"Quit being a pussy" I went over sitting down.

"Fine we both get to know her and let her choose"

"Good"

"I'm leaving" I walked into Daxon's office and he was fucking Ana, his current fuck buddy. She was a good fuck but she was more of Daxon's type than mine.

"Okay" he grunted

I chuckled shaking my head "You don't wanna join Greyson?" She turned around smiling at me.

"Not this time Ana" I shut the door

I was in the parking lot of Walmart going through Nyema work files. She's only worked for us for a little over a year. Her highest level of education was high school. It wasn't really much on her, I didn't know what I was looking for.

I put my phone in my pocket and got out of the car.

I smelt her before I actually bumped into her. I looked down seeing Nyema, she looked up at me.

"Hi Mr.Coal" she smiled.

"Enjoying your day off?"

She smiled and nodded "Shopping with my mom" She nodded back to her.

Her mom came up looking at her "Kiyès nonm sa a ye?" (Who is this man?) (Haitian Creole)

"Manman bòs mwen an" (my boss mom)

She looked at me up and down "mmm fè atansyon ak kalite yo" (be careful with their kind)

She looked at her shocked "manman ou ka ban nou yon minit?" (Mom can you give us a minute?) she said lowly

Her mom patted her shoulder and walked away "where are you from?"

"Haiti, we moved to Florida when I was young" she looked up at me

"Listen-" I shook my head "I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"

She started laughing and it was beautiful "Relax" she smiled

"So I wanted to know if you wanted to go to dinner with me. As another form of apology"

She smiled "Dinner with the deaf girl?"

"Haha very funny"

"Sure, I wouldn't mind. I'm sure you can find my number in the employee directory. Call me?"

"Yeah, I will-" I looked at her and she was already laughing "You are something else"

"Yeah, I know. Just text me" she started to walk away and I grabbed her hand.

"Why don't you just give me your number now?" I blurted out. She looked at me confused. I must've said it too fast "Can I see your phone?"

She nodded and reached in her purse handing me her phone. I put my number in and texted myself. I handed her phone back

"So when's this dinner?" She asked

"Tomorrow?"

She nodded her head "I'll see you tomorrow Mr.Coal" she walked away smiling at me.

I pulled my phone out calling Daxon.

"Hello?"

"I got a date with Nyema," I said proudly

"You're a fucking bitch"

"I'm sorry weren't you just fucking Ana in your office?"

"Whatever. Tell me when it is so I can ruin it"

"I'll see you on Monday"

"Greyson-"

I hung up smiling. I got a date with my mate.