28. dinner date

"Everything on the menu sounds so good, oh my god," Karl chuckled quietly as his eyes scanned over the printed words. Usually he would have googled the menu and figured out what he would eat before showing up but Nick refused to tell him the place until they actually got there.

"Steak seems to be their main dish, why don't we both try it?" Nick suggested as he closed his own menu.

"I could do that," Karl smiled softly as he set his menu on top of Nick's, "Since we're having the same thing, you might as well order for both of us," Karl smiled innocently at him causing the other to let out a soft chuckle, "Sure, anything for you."

"Can you order me a coke zero too please then?" He asked starting to fiddle with the fork that was already laid out on the table.

"You know how Hannah suggested changing small things so you wouldn't feel overwhelmed by huge changes?" Nick replied causing Karl to answer him with a confused nod. "Well," Nick continued, "Maybe you could try not having a diet soda?"

"Eating out is already out of my comfort zone Nick," he said softly, "Doing this is hard enough."

"You're right, sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it," Nick said as he reached over to gently hold the others hand, "I'm proud of you, I'll order your coke zero."

"Thank you," he smiled.

Once their waitress walked over again, Nick ordered everything for them, gently rubbing his thumb over the back of Karl's hand. "Once we live together, we can go on dates whenever we want," Nick grinned happily and lifted up the others hand to place a soft kiss on it.

"That's true," Karl giggled softly, "And I can wake up next to you everyday and hear your cute morning voice."

"I have a cute morning voice?"

"Yep! It's adorable."

"You're adorable," Nick smiled, making Karl blush darkly as he attempted to cover his face with his hands, "Ahh stop making me all flustered, I'm supposed to be giving compliments, not receiving them," Karl playfully whined before pouting when Nick carefully reached over and moved his hands away, "Aw let me see that cute face," he grinned.

"Oh my god, stop," Karl giggled, "You're literally doing this on purpose."

"Hm maybe, maybe not," Nick grinned, "You're just too cute when you're all flustered baby."

"Baby?"

"I um, fuck, that just accidently slipped out," Nick chuckled softly, feeling the blush start to spread over his own cheeks.

"I um I don't mind it," Karl admitted with a shy smile, "I think it's sweet."

Nick smiled softly and shrugged, "I guess so. Hey, actually can I ask you something? I was going to wait until after dinner but I won't be able to function properly until I ask it."

"Uh sure? Go ahead."

"Do you, shit um, would you please uh, do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"No."

Nick widened his eyes, feeling his heart basically sink into his chest, "Wh-what?"

"I'm kidding dumbass," Karl giggled, "I would love to be your boyfriend."

"Oh my god," Nick laughed, "I've been dating you for a whole two seconds and I already regret it," he joked making Karl giggle and playfully roll his eyes at him.

------
a/n

this discord is hereeee i know i made it hella fast but i was excited- i'll put the link in the comments as well if the one here doesn't work :3 <4

https://discord.gg/QAYnYEP8SR

Shaking || karlnapजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें