12. sushi pt.2 // jogs

"I'm done eating Nick, I wanna go to bed," Karl pouted at his reflection on the FaceTime. The other had stayed on call with him the whole time to make sure he was okay.

"Nah uh, I did my research on these things and we're staying on this call for like forty more minutes," the younger replied.

"Nick, I'm not gonna-"

"Uh uh," Nick cut him off, "We're staying on the call anyways. I'm gonna book a flight, okay? If you need me there then I'll make a plan."

"You don't need to come, you only left two weeks ago," Karl said softly, not wanting to inconvenient him.

"Too late, I have a ticket to leave in two days, wanna meet at the airport?"

"Sure, yeah," he smiled softly, "If you don't want to hang up then can we sleep on call? I'm tired."

"Of course," Nick smiled softly, "Go to sleep, I'll be right here if you need me."

----

Karl woke up the next morning with a soft sigh. His phone was still next to him but the battery seemed to have failed. He plugged it in and rested it on his bedside table before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. He ran the water but paused as he saw himself in the mirror. Maybe he could go for a run today or something. That was healthy behavior, no one could tell him off for it.

Jogging was healthy, exercise was good, he shut the shower water off and immediately went back into his room. He would shower afterwards. He changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt, not the best running outfit yet it was the one that made him the least self conscious.

1km
....2km
.......3km
..........4km

As each milestone past, he grew more proud of himself yet equally exhausted. He eventually stopped when the ringing in his ears had gotten louder than the passerbys on the pavement next to him.

"Karl?" A familiar voice rang through his ears but he was unable to make out a face, the world was spinning to fast for him to make a picture out of the blurrs he was seeing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" The voice insisted, "Chandler, can you call an ambulance or a doctor? Anyone really?"

Karl was shivering, looking down at his shaking hands but the world seemed to turn black around him and suddenly he was falling.