9

Author POV
10 months later...
"yah choi chanhee i told you that's cheating!!!", jinyeon slapped chanhee's back as he hissed in pain due to the strength she put in just now.

"ouch that's pain!!!"

"and i know that.", she said as she stuck her tongue out, "you're paying my lunch tomorrow by the way HAHAHHAHAA!"

chanhee shot a death glare at her, "when did i agree to your bet?!" she crossed her arms as she looked at him with her questionable expression, "then why would YOU play with me just now?"

he sighed, "fine fine, your lunch tomorrow it is."

"THANK YOU MR CHOI CHANHEE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!"

-

jinyeon went back home and smelled something nice from the kitchen, "are you making waffles haknyeon oppa?"

she earned a hum from haknyeon as he served the waffles he newly done. "ooooh oppa are you going to join the school's cooking competition this time?", she asked as she sat down and stared at the waffles.

the aroma and the look, it must be super duper mouth-drooling and delicious!

"yeah... are you not joining jinyeon?", he asked as he sat down opposite her. she nodded, "of course im not! isn't the competition only for those students who majored in cooking?"

"no of course! it's for everyone silly. and im sure if you are joining the competition, you will made all the judges fall in love with you!", he exclaimed and proceed tasting his waffle.

"yum, it's good, try some and tell me how is it jinyeon!!!"

she giggled at her brother's giddiness as she took a piece and tasted it too. "yah it's very good! you're taking over the whole major!!!", she hit his arm softly and gave him a thumbs up.

"so are you joining?", he asked and she shook her head. "WHY???"

"why should i? i learn cook just to feed myself, okay and maybe you...", she said, eating another waffle. 'and sunwoo.'

"true... but-"

"goodluck in your competition oppa. im going to work~", she gave him a smile. "by the way i ate them well, thank you for your food!", she said as she slowly headed to her room.

she went out of their house after taking a shower and changed into a comfortable clothes. walking to her favourite café, she entered the 'staff only' room. she got out of the room once she checked in and got her apron wrapped around her waist.

"oh just in time you're here buddy, can you help me serve this to table 3?", juyeon tapped her shoulder and put the order at the table near him as he doesn't spare a second to hear her answer before making himself busy again.

she nodded to nobody as she took the tray of food. she walked to table 3 and placed down the plate of food, "here's your food, sir and ma'am, enjoy your food."

"thank you.", she was shocked by the owner of the voice. kim sunwoo.

she bowed to him and the girl sitting in the same table with him before leaving the two. she went back to the counter as she started to take orders of the other customers.

"how's the food noona?", she heard him asking.

"it's great! thank you for the treat sunwoo ya~!", the girl smiled sweetly and ruffled his hair.

jinyeon can't help but to feel, heartbroken? 'what's wrong with me? why am i feeling like that...?', she thought as a bitter smile hung on her face before proceed taking orders.