2

Author POV
jinyeon was eating her dinner when a thought came to her mind.

how about sunwoo? how does he eat?

she shook her head to clear that thought as she replaced with another one, 'who am i to worry a stranger? he must've a friend or his family member to help him for that...'

but as she munched on her food, she had another thought. 'but just now there were no one inside except him...?'

she quickly pushed the food inside her mouth as she cooked a bit of chicken porridge for him and rushed to the hospital again.

she walked into the ward room.

"who are you?", he asked.

"j- hana.", she replied, let out a silent sigh as she almost revealed her real name. she still has no idea why is she keeping her real name from him even though they're classmates.

"ah... why are you here again? wait... is it already the next day? that fast?", he asked, totally in confusion.

she found him in this state cute, and accidentally giggled.

"oh?", he got even more confused.

"ah no... it's Wednesday, still the same day, just... it's 8.30pm. are you hungry?", she asked and saw the boy nodded his head in hesitant.

"good thing i brought chicken porridge. have you eaten?", she asked. he shook his head, "im sorry that you have to come at this late hour just to give me food, hana..."

"it's okay.", she replied shortly as she sat down on the chair beside him. the chair eric sat on this evening.

he startled a bit as he felt her sitting beside him, "aren't you going back home?"

"then are you going to feed yourself?", she asked and he shook his head. "ah right... im blind right now..."

"don't say that sunwoo, it's okay. plus, i volunteered to do so. now, open your mouth.", she said as she feed him the porridge spoon by spoon after she blew the heat away.

"how is it?", she asked.

he chewed the food and swallowed it, "its very good!", he exclaimed.

"thank you.", she smiled and continued feeding him the porridge until he finished all of them that she prepared.

"hana..."

"hmm?", she hummed.

"is it okay if i... rant a bit?", he asked.

she nodded her head, forgetting that he can't see her, "sure."

"im useless, right? i got into an accident and hurt my eyes. my parents, they seemed to not care me a bit. they never visit me, even when im sick in the past. i feel so lonely, even if i have friends with me. my friends, they're caring and thoughtful, but they have their own life too. they can't be always there for me. just like this time, i got temporarily blind, and i can't keep asking people to help me. i can't even get a water by myself. im definitely useless.", he said as he hit his lap with both hands that are clenched into fists.

she quickly held his fists with her hands and stopped him from hitting himself. he got tensed up with her action and she felt it as she let go his hands, "ah sorry... "

"no no, im the one who should be sorry. well, it seems like we don't even know each other, we are not even close to each other or at least friends, but here you are. helping me with academic, feeding me food, and even listening to my worries right now. im thankful and grateful for that, but im sorry too...", he spoke.