Twenty

Nightmare sat on the couch, staying up quite late. He yawned, staring at the bright screen. He had to stay awake. He didn't like modern technology that much, like the television in his living room, but it certainly helped him from going to sleep.

She would be there. He knew she would be there. She was haunting him, like a beautiful Freddy Krueger. Ready to make sure he never woke up again.

"My Queen~" Killer whined as he stumbled over. "Come to bed~"

"Not tonight, Kills," Nightmare gently replied.

Despite not liking this response, the empty eyed skeleton sat down with him. He only sat up for a while, slowly moving to lean against his boyfriend.

"Do you wanna lay on my thighs?" the god cooed, gently scratching the opposite cheek. "You like how soft they are, right?"

"Nyo... I have to stay up with you..." the killer mumbled, yawning. "Coffee..."

"I'll make some for us. Be right back." The king stood up, going to the kitchen.

He yawned, making two black coffees. He grabbed some creamers for if Killer didn't like black coffee.

Killer blinked slowly as he took his coffee. He sipped the caffeinated drink, yawning still. He watched the movie, chugging the hot, bitter drink in hopes he could stay up with his lover.

Nightmare could sense him starting to fall asleep. He smiled at his cuteness, summoning his thighs so he could lay down and fall asleep better. He gently took the mostly empty mug and placed it on the nearby corner table.

"Kills, lay down." The king gently patted his thigh. He could feel his boyfriend stare at them, sensing his want for something soft to put his head on. "Go ahead. I'll be here all night."

Slowly, the taller man laid down, smiling as he put his head down on the soft thighs. He fell asleep quickly, having sweet, peaceful dreams.

For a while more, Nightmare sat there, awake. He pet his lover like a sweet kitten, happy he'd never have to deal with what the god did.

Suddenly, there was movement and noise from the kitchen.

"Hello?" Nightmare gently called out.

Blue, face a light azure at being noticed, came out of the kitchen. "Mare? What are you doing up? It's so late!"

"I'm just watching some television with my beloved." The stained skeleton caressed his sleeping boyfriend's cheek, drawing attention to him.

"You should probably get to bed. It's really late, and Killer will probably have a sore back I feel he sleeps like that all night."

"We're fine. Maybe you should get to bed. It's really late for a snack."

"Oh no, I was asleep, but I woke up. I'm just gonna bake some late night brownies and go back to bed." The guard motioned toward the kitchen.

"Oh, nice. I'd kill for some." The negative god grinned tiredly.

"In the morning, Mare. You should get to bed."

"I'm good, really." Nightmare yawned.

"You don't look 'good'. Now get to your room, or I'm getting Dream."

"No!" Nightmare yelled, looking more awake than he has for the past few hours.

Killer grumbled, starting to sit up. "Baby? What's going on?"

"Nothing. I just got startled by something." Nightmare smiled gently, having such a sudden change of tone that Blue couldn't even speak. "Go back to sleep, my dear."

"No, I said I'd stay up with you, didn't I?" Killer shook his head, unable to remember. "What time is it? How long was I out?"

"How about some cuddles then?" Nightmare summoned the rest of his body, knowing how much he liked to cuddle with him like this. After all, his body was still incredibly soft. "Just lean against me, okay?"

The other nodded, slowly leaning in and resting his face on his small breasts. He closed his eyes for a moment before realizing. "No! You're making me all sleepy! Well no, cause I said I'd stay up with you!"

"Killer, my darling, you must keep your voice down. I know you're tired. Just let me be your pillow."

"I think it's time for you both to get to bed!" Blue smiled.

"Yeah, lets go to bed, Nighty," Killer agreed, standing up from the couch.

"Darling, you can go to bed, but I'm staying up!" Nightmare crossed his arms.

Before he even realized what was going on, the king was thrown over his lover's shoulder, rather uncomfortable with this position. But there wasn't much he could do about it. He was much too exhausted to fight back. Besides, he didn't even have magic.

"Goodnight, Blueberry," Killer stated as he teleported them to the room.

Soon, they were laid in bed, tired and ready to sleep.

"Goodnight, my Queen." Killer shoved his face into his breasts, purring at the softness.

Nightmare huffed. He considered turning around, so his boyfriend couldn't cuddle his breasts, but that seemed unreasonably mean. He just wanted him to sleep, and he looked so cute when he cuddled his chest like that.

Slowly, the king pet his boyfriend, watching as he closed his eyes and rested once more. He closed his eyes, knowing his dreams would only be filled with pain and torture from his very own mother.