Eighteen

Nightmare looked around after having woken up. Could he have fixed it? Could he be free? He sighed in relief, hoping he never had to go to sleep and see him.

The human, he meant. It really would be better for the both of them if neither of them ever had to see the other again. Too many bad memories, and too connected to a bad past.

For now, the stained god would get ready for the day, and hope for the best when it ended. No matter what, he was determined to fix everything in the end, wether it was done already or if he had to work for a hundred years.

Dressed in a his usual Victorian mourning-wear , he left his elegant room, only to be barely missed by his dumbasses, Horror and Dust.

"Sorry boss!" Horror called out, still trying to escape Dust.

"Come on, Horror! You can't escape it!" Murder exclaimed mischievously, gleefully trying to catch up.

Nightmare smiled, sighing a little. That was so cute. They were almost like little children, but a lot more murderous. And horny. And fully grown.

The king walked down to the kitchen, seeing the Star Sanses making breakfast. Well, Blue and Dream were making breakfast, Ink was perched on the kitchen counter, chatting away, not even realizing he wasn't actually helping. The place would be on fire if he was even touching any cooking utensils, as proved by many unsafe experiments with Fell and Sci.

Cross was making coffee, turning around to hug Dream, before seeing his boss. "Oh, uh, good morning."

"Good morning, Cross," the dark lord said sharply, narrowing his eyes. He could feel the wholesome, loving intent Cross had for his brother, his baby brother, and he still would never approve. Five hundred years was a lot of development missed. He'd need another five hundred to actually be an adult.

"Umm, uh, c-coffee?" The black and white skeleton stepped aside, sweating like he was about to be thrown. Which he was very close to being.

"Actually, yes. Thank you." Nightmare walked forward, pouring himself a cup of black coffee.

They stood there for a solid moment. In fear and in patience. Just sipping their coffee from their coffee mugs.

"You can't date him."

"You don't control my life!" Dream exclaimed, not taking his eyes off the omelette he was cooking.

"I'm your big brother, yes I do!" He stepped aside, sensing what was about to happen in a few seconds.

Dust and Horror ran in, about to run into Cross. The soldier managed to jump out of the way just in time to not get crushed by the cannibal's bigger body frame. He tried climbing the counter and pantries, although he was a bit too big for that.

"Come on! Nightmare, tell him he's like a dog!" Dust cackled, holding the spikey collar he'd stolen from Fell.

"He's acting like a cat right now," the dark lord commented.

"Dust, stop bullying him!" Blue exclaimed, walking over. He picked the larger skeleton up with ease, petting his back. "Hey, it's okay buddy. I won't let that heartbreaking cock bag hurt you."

Horror whimpered, "Boss, stop him! He wants to put Fell's collar on me!"

"HE WHAT?!" Fell screamed from the dinning room.

"Shit!" Dust dropped the red leather collar, sprinting off. To no one's surprise, the edgy skeleton chased after him, wanting blood.

Blue smirked. "Got what he deserves!"

"He is a meany," Horror agreed as he was set down.

"Now wait by the table while we finish up breakfast, okay?" Blue pet him gently, smiling as he returned to his breakfast sausages.

Nightmare smiled, going into the dining room to see the rest of his crew.

Horror was sitting down, waiting patiently. Error was grumbling, as his morning card game was ruined by Fell's outrage and chase. Raspberry, who usually wasn't even there, was on his phone and sitting at one end of the table.

And then there was Killer, who awkwardly smiled when he saw his boss. He walked over, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Hey... uh, about yesterday—"

"Lets move real quick." Nightmare grabbed Killer's hand, leading him somewhere more private. He knew everyone in the dining room and kitchen would be able to hear them, and he'd like some privacy.

So he locked them in a closet.

"I just hope things won't be awkward after yesterday."

"They're not. I really liked that, and... maybe we could go further?" Nightmare started to blush. "I mean, unless you don't want to! Nothing will be awkward no matter what you say, I promise!"

"I... I do too..." Killer looked away, embarrassed by how red his face was.

"So, what are we? Friends with benefits? Master-pet thing?" His heterochromic eyes flickered up at his employee. "Boyfriends?"

"I... I like the sound of that." Killer smiled, leaning in closer. "Killer and Nightmare. Boyfriends."

Nightmare smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I like that too..."

They leaned in close, gently kissing. The moon god rested his arms on Killer's shoulders. The taller skeleton wrapped his arms around his waist, gently pulling him closer. They stood there, their mouths moving ever so slightly as they just melted in the warmth of their new found lover.