Eight

Nightmare yawned, getting dressed. He was surprised to not be woken up by either his brother or his crew this morning, not that he was complaining.

He went downstairs to get a coffee and some breakfast, seeing the rest of Dream's stupid group.

Ink was covered in healing scrapes and bruises, and Blue still had some bandages all over. It was weird to see the protectors of the multiverse so beaten down.

"What are they doing here?" The king groaned. He should've known something was up.

"Do you want us to get rid of them?" Error put his fingers to the bottom of his sockets, beginning to pull out his blue threads.

"Wait! We're not here to fight!" Blue out his hands up, grinning awkwardly.

"Come on! Nighty! Please!" Dream ran up to his brother, using his puppy eyes.

The dark god wanted to demand they got out of his home, but he was weak to his little brother. Even if he could suppress all the brotherly love he secretly held for him, it was still difficult to say no when he was so adorable.

He groaned, rolling his eyes. "Fine. Explain. Now."

"Well, we may or may not need to stay here for a while because someone blew our house up." Blue gave Ink a small glare, though the artist only grinned more.

"But what's stopping the psychopath from blowing our base up as well?"

"Nighty! He's not a psychopath!" The golden apple huffed, crossing his arms at his brother.

"Yes he is."

"Yes I am."

The uncorrupted king looked, in surprise, at the fellow stained skeleton, who had agreed with him. Ink just smiled and stuck his tongue out.

"I don't think—"

"We can be totally useful! We all know how to cook, we won't bother you, and we can help around the place!" Blue put his hands together, his star-lights turning to sad circles. "Please!"

Dream joined in, giving his brother the begging puppy eyes.

Nightmare sighed. "Fine. But if he touches anything, all of you are out!"

"Do your employees count as things I cannot touch, or?" Ink tilted his head, one eye a heart while the other was an upside down question mark.

"They can kick your ass themselves." Nightmare rolled his eyes, turning to leave.

"Perfect!" Ink looked at Error, who knew exactly was bullshit would be going down with him.

"I just want to be a side character that has no real develop!" Error hissed, getting away from Ink.

"Don't worry! The most development you get is being a bottom!" Ink smirked, chasing after him like an obnoxious child after an annoyed cat.

"I'll be working out in a little bit, so if any of you want to join me—"

Blue was only met with multiple groans and objections and refusals as the group filtered out into doing their own things.

"I'll show you to the gym," Nightmare said. "For when you want to go. Just get me from the library."

He walked out of the kitchen with a mug of coffee in his hands.

"Are you sure he can be helped?" Blue frowned at his friend once the darker of the two had left.

"He's better now, I promise!" Dream insisted. "Please help me with this, Blue! I finally got my brother back, my real brother back, and I know his bad attitude can be changed!"

"Are you really sure? How do you know that the Nightmare you're trying to pretend is your brother is the same one you accepted was no longer him?! How do you know it's Nightmare, not Him?"

"Because he's my brother! I know he is! After so many years of accepting he's gone, the child in me just wants to return to how things were! I want to be brothers again, even if he doesn't want to yet!" Tears filled Dream's eyes. He tried to fight them off, but he was much too overwhelmed by emotion. "I finally have my brother back... please, just help me keep him..."

Blue sighed, gently hugging his best friend. He stroked his skull gently, letting him get all the tears out before speaking. "Okay. I'll help you."

"T-thanks Blue." The small god sniffled, getting tears all over Blue's casual wear.

"Of course! After all, I, the magnificent Blue, wouldn't be a magnificent friend if I didn't!"  The guard pulled away, giving him a confident grin. "Now show off that shiny smile!

Dream gave a small smile in return, which was all Blue needed.