Eleven

Nightmare grumbled, staring at his goopy hands. He was getting annoyed at seeing them. Only when the human arrived.

"When are you going to leave me alone?" Nightmare barked.

"How about... when you put my souls back together?!" He yelled.

"Oh, yeah, blame all of your problems on me!"

"You trapped me here! I literally can't wake up if I wanted to!" The human approached. "Why, I should just tear your soul in half so you'll be stuck here with me! Then you'll see what fun it is, years in a void!"

"That's not how it works, you stupid flesh wad!"

"And how do you know?!" The man walked closer, his fist clenched. "Either trap you in my torture, or I'll finally kill you!"

"Get away from me!" the god exclaimed, jumping away. As they used to, his tentacles extended and carried him, once more allowing him to not even need to use his feet.

"I want my life back, you monster!" he screamed, clawing at the goop. "I want to wake up!"

Nightmare's eyes shot open, although his body felt frozen. He began to move, gently turning to look around his room.

It was hard not to notice the four grown skeletons in his king-sized bed. Especially since they didn't even try to not be on top of him.

The king was facing the wall, with one thing more he was facing. His brother.

He could tell his little brother had any silly, childish reason to want to cuddle, and when the dark twin didn't wake up, he just let himself in bed. He used to do it all the time.

Night smiled a little, kissing his ivory forehead. He wouldn't mind it for now, as long as the sunny skeleton didn't assume this could happen often.

Just as he was about to go off to sleep with nicer dreams, he felt someone get closer to his back. With a bright purple face, he turned around.

Killer had his arms wrapped around him, his legs tangling with his boss's. It sent shivers up his spine. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad to let him stay. It was comforting to be little spoon, especially since he trusted Killer.

Just don't tell him he thinks that.

And then there was the whine. The whine that told Nightmare that like ninety-nine percent of everything the empty-eyed killer did, invading on his privacy and room and bed was not something he did alone. No, the entire murder trio had to do it too.

Horror whined again, having yet another bad dream. He had hoped that being with people he loved in a comfy bed would help him sleep, but the fear and sadness radiated off of him. And then Dream started to whine, hating the negative vibe the nightmares brought into the bed.

Nightmare shrugged off Killer, sitting up a bit. He didn't know if it would work, but he didn't want them to wake up, and then realize that the dark king didn't kick them out when he knew they were in his bed. It would ruin his image.

"Sleep," he whispered, putting his hand on Horror's face. His tentacles possessed the ability to make people drowsy, often making them sleep with peaceful dreams. But without the goop, whether or not the dark king still had that power was up to fate.

Suddenly, the large skeleton's face softened into a peaceful rest. He turned over, abandoning Killer and Nightmare to instead hug Dust, who was not in the cuddle pile before. His face contorted, knowing that he was being cuddled, although he quickly grew peaceful again.

Nightmare smiled. These were his stupid idiots, and they were so cute sometimes. Not that he'd say that to their faces.

Suddenly, the murderer dragged the king back down to continue their canoodling. He nuzzled his neck, causing the stained skeleton to giggle as softly as possible.

"Killer," he whispered, smiling at his handsome face. He kissed his cheek gently before turning over, hugging his needy brother. He pet his head, closing his eyes for some peace.

The god began to lose conciousness. He prepared for his lucid dreams, or to be brought into someone else's. Instead, he heard one thought. His brother's.

"I missed my big brother so much."