It was so difficult to assure them all that he was fine, especially Jimin, who was persistent in accompanying him to his apartment. His phone was bombarded with the msgs and calls but he just turned it off. It was so rude of him, he knew that but he was so much in turmoil to talk to anyone.

Waiting for someone for years and finally meeting the said person, only to know that he was already married and happy in his life, was not so easy.

Every fiber of his body was in pain, not physically but mentally. He was continuously blaming himself, not Jungkook. Afterall, the other deserved to be happy in his life not like him, who always pushed away his own happiness with his own hands.

The doorbell rang, dragging him out of his daze.

"I told them I'm fine." He mumbled before dragging his body to the door. He opened the door and silently turned back when the person spoke.

"Took you long enough."

That voice again-

He gulped thickly, praying intensely not breaking down right now, and looked up to see the other, standing there all in his might.

"H- how can I help you?" He tried to be good and gave a small smile but the corners of his lips were twitching in denial.

Jungkook invited himself inside the cozy house, went to the couch placed in the living room, and looked around, a glint of pride glistening in his eyes.

"Nice house."

"Thanks." Jungkook frowned when he heard the continuous tapping on the floor and his frown disappeared when he noticed the other's legs bouncing up and down.

"W- why are you here?"

"You don't like my presence here?"

"No, I- I didn't mean-" Taehyung started fumbling with his fingers and Jungkook sighed heavily, leaning over the table.

"I heard, you wanted to talk to me. So, I'm here." Taehyung slightly glanced over him before averting his eyes.

"No, it's not like that."

"Don't lie, it doesn't suit your personality." Hearing the other so calm and collected even after years ignited some fury inside his mind.

"What do you wanna hear now, Mr. Jeon?" Jungkook blankly stared back at the other who suddenly went near the couch.

"There is nothing to talk about now. Maybe there were many things that I wanted to tell you but now-" He kept facing the wall and inhaled deeply to keep himself from bursting out.

"- there isn't anything left." Jungkook got up as well and silently stood behind him. He could feel the other's limbs shaking badly.

"Happy birthday." He whispered near the ear of the silver-haired who in response, clutched his fluffy sweater.

"She- she is your daughter, right?" Jungkook inhaled the same calming and sweet scent of the other, eyes closed with the heavenly feeling after years.

"Yes." Taehyung felt his mind going blank but he managed a nod.

"Isn't she cute?" Jungkook breathed out, his nose almost touching the ear of the other.

"Hmm?" He hummed, this time touching the skin with his cold nose tip and Taehyung shivered at the contact but in the next second, he was pushed away.

"Y- you shouldn't be here, your family must be waiting for you."

"But I wanted to come here-"