Chapter 9: Is it really happening?

"What the heck is he doing?!" I said as I looked at Alaric.

Why the heck will the vampires want him?! 

Then I remembered, 'the ring'.

I lift my head and had a looked at the vampires, and looked at Alaric.

As I stared at Alaric, we had a sudden eye contact , and I saw him mouthed, 'help'.

I was about to rush, but I hesitated. I wasn't willing to risk my life to help a psycho vampire hunter. But at the same time, he had the ring that could bring a disaster.

After that thought, I rushed with his vamp speed without a second thought.

I ran up to one of the vampires and grabbed his neck and snapped it off. Then I found a big log and stabbed it in his heart. His faced started turning purple and soon he was a cold, dead, completely dead.

By the time I looked at the second on, he dropped the truck violently and was gone.

I ran up toward Alaric. He was surprisingly alive after the incident.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I scanned him.

"yeah.. I am fine.." He looked very shocked. "

He was just standing there.. 

Just looking at each other with silence.

To break the awkward silence, I told Alaric,

"Let's first get into the car." Inside, I knew it was crazy thing to ride the same car with a hunter, but somewhere in my heart assured me that it was safe.

"Umm.. Okay, just a moment." Alaric replied as he ran toward his truck and he got his gym bag full of hunter's weapons.

After few minutes, he came into my car, putting the bag in the trunk.

Then I started the engine and started driving toward Alaric's house as he instructed me.

But other than that, it was awkward moments. Alaric was looking out the window and I was just driving.

Then, he asked me, 

"Why did you save me?" He was still looking out the window but I could saw his expression through the reflection; he seemed like he was in a deep thought.

I replied, " I saved you because I am not one of the vampires who uses force to take what I want." Then I looked at Alaric , "And I thought you were worth saving it."

Then he gave me a small smile. Then he looked at his ring, and took it out. He put it in the cup holder.

I was surprised... I wasn't expecting anything.

then Alaric looked at me and said,

"I am going to give you the ring because I think you are worth giving." He had the face. Looking at me waiting for a reaction.

I just smiled, it was somewhat of a shocked and a happy smile.

"But, you should count me in because I gave you my ring." He gave me a condition. I replied with a "es" and dropped him off.

---------------Damon & Lucie-----------------

"Now, that was unusual." Damon said as he looked at the opened door.

Lucie didn't reply but she was also shocked.

Then Damon looked at her and said,

"Ehh, it's fine. He'll come back soon. He doesn't have anywhere to go. Plus, his wallet and everything is in here." He seemed like he didn't care, and he walked into the kitchen.

Lucie followed him to the kitchen and asked,

"So why would you even invite a psycho vampire killer in the first place?!" She sounded angry and frustrated. But she was also somewhat curious.

"It's mhouse. I have the right to invite anyone I want." Damon seemed he didn't care and he opened the fridge for his drink.

"No, the Damon Salvatore that I know would never invite a Killer for no reason, so you may start explaining." She glared at him as he glared back. He was looking at her with his emerald, sparkling eyes. But he didn't give her a reply.

By this time, she felt her face flushing, but she didn't give up the eye contact with his.

Then he smiled and said,

"You know, you are really cute when you blush." He pured his drink and walked out of the kitchen.

For a second she had a blank mind. Surprised, shy, happy and thousands of mixed feelings.

'Does he like me? Wait.. What?!?!?!?! Hell no! He dated thousands other girls and I am nothing compared to them.. But then why would he tell me that I am cute? Well, maybe it is because he wanted to avoid the answer for your question.' She found herself talking to her self in her head.

"DAMON SALVATORE!! I am not done ta..." Lucie screamed at him but then.. Something.. unexpected.. very unexpected happened.

She stopped talking because Damon made her.

He rushed up to her and.. kissed her.

It was a perfect kiss on the lips.

His nose was touching my nose, and his lips were touching Lucie's.

Lucie tasted the sweetness of cherry blossom of Damon's lips.

At first, she felt like refusing, but she decided to let the control. She kissed him back. passionately.

He seemed pleased. She seemed pleased.

After the moment, Damon took his mouth off of hers and said,

"Would that answer your question?" He looked at Lucie with a serious face.

She nodded slowly, but she kept her eye contact.

then with his professional smirk he said,

"Good night Lucie." And with his drink, he walked back to his room.

As Lucie walked into her room, the only thought she had was,

‘Is this really happening?’